DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

You too :)
You are currently reading my signature.

AnX wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 pm
rezoneight wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm Have to say I really don't understand all the wanking over this stuff. What Hive or any or synth/manufacturer has done is irrelevant. Synapse can call it what they want and charge what they want for any upgrade. The fact is for Dune 2 we all got some nice updates for free. They have now decided that the version number is being bumped and if you're a previous owner the upgrade cost is $79. If you don't think the new features plus the new sounds is worth $79 then simply don't buy it and continue to use Dune 2.
are you new here? :hihi:
Nah I beat you by about 11 years ;) Just tired of this type of behavior and I don't see the point of coming to forums to talk shit about people doing hard work. And I just don't get the energy people seem to have to come into this forum (or any other for that matter) and keep doing it, day after day.

Wow! Dune 3 looks like the dope, alright...

See, I have a magazine-type-version of Dune 1, and it always sounded fat & rich to me.

This is somewhat...er, prolly more advanced...is this accurate? :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:

Grizzellda wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:49 am Wow! Dune 3 looks like the dope, alright...

See, I have a magazine-type-version of Dune 1, and it always sounded fat & rich to me.

This is somewhat...er, prolly more advanced...is this accurate? :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:
No way....

The've been downgrading the specs of DUNE since the original version...

Going retro :lol:
No auto tune...

seismicfm wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 pm Question: Is this the first synth that has ever gone beyond version 2? All the synths I own, I have nothing beyond a version 2. Is this a first?
I think Albino had a 1, 2 then 3.
I have been waiting for Albino 4......
Good synth

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 am
Grizzellda wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:49 am Wow! Dune 3 looks like the dope, alright...

No way....

The've been downgrading the specs of DUNE since the original version...

Going retro :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rezoneight wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:42 am
AnX wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 pm
rezoneight wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm Have to say I really don't understand all the wanking over this stuff. What Hive or any or synth/manufacturer has done is irrelevant. Synapse can call it what they want and charge what they want for any upgrade. The fact is for Dune 2 we all got some nice updates for free. They have now decided that the version number is being bumped and if you're a previous owner the upgrade cost is $79. If you don't think the new features plus the new sounds is worth $79 then simply don't buy it and continue to use Dune 2.
are you new here? :hihi:
Nah I beat you by about 11 years ;) Just tired of this type of behavior and I don't see the point of coming to forums to talk shit about people doing hard work. And I just don't get the energy people seem to have to come into this forum (or any other for that matter) and keep doing it, day after day.

well, i was kidding, totally agree (and ive been here since 2000/2001) :wink:

look how much will be synthmaster 3 update cost....20usd...do you think 79 usd for dune3 update is low? well pay them more then if you not happy...

AnX wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 pm
deejay2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:57 pm 79 for update....too much.....should be 49....lets wait for sale soon

tell us all how your brilliant business mind decided 49 was the right price, bearing in mind you have no idea how much time was spent on creating the update (unless you work for Synapse and are privvy to such info)

looking forward to your presentation

deejay2 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am look how much will be synthmaster 3 update cost....20usd...do you think 79 usd for dune3 update is low? well pay them more then if you not happy...

deejay2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:57 pm 79 for update....too much.....should be 49....lets wait for sale soon

tell us all how your brilliant business mind decided 49 was the right price, bearing in mind you have no idea how much time was spent on creating the update (unless you work for Synapse and are privvy to such info)

Synapse think the price is fair. Its not up for debate. If you thinks its too much, don't buy it.

Dont pretend you are a business expect when all you are is a moany bitch.

AnX wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:44 am
deejay2 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 am look how much will be synthmaster 3 update cost....20usd...do you think 79 usd for dune3 update is low? well pay them more then if you not happy...

Synapse think the price is fair. Its not up for debate. If you thinks its too much, don't buy it.

Dont pretend you are a business expect when all you are is a moany bitch.
There is no need to use sexist expressions here.

It's a decision everyone has to justify if the update price is worth it. I tried out the free hive update and tried the new arturia synth, but on the dune3 update i was more excited about, the new filters are for me very usefull and i like very much the sound and used dune2 very often compared to most other synths I own. So for me this update was worth the price. I think most people expect a lot of more features like browser, makros and workflow, and maybe they will update dune3 for free. But for me counts the sound more than the workflow, i can make my own sounds since dune1 and the mod matrix hasn't realy changed, so I hope SA follow u-he and tone2, which have updated their browser and a drag and drop modulation for free.
If enough people are on hold with the update, because they want a bether workflow for their money, than SA maybe reacts. I am convinced by the sound quality, so I can live with the bowser and well known workflow.

We have updated Dune 3 to version 3.01.

This fixes the resize issue in Studio One and Bitwig reported here earlier, i.e. it is no longer necessary to close/reopen the GUI when changing the skin size. The problem with the Wavetable editor crashing is fixed as well. It took us a while to find a configuration where it crashed at all, but fortunately we could reproduce it at last. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:39 am We have updated Dune 3 to version 3.01.

This fixes the resize issue in Studio One and Bitwig reported here earlier, i.e. it is no longer necessary to close/reopen the GUI when changing the skin size. The problem with the Wavetable editor crashing is fixed as well. It took us a while to find a configuration where it crashed at all, but fortunately we could reproduce it at last. :)

Richard
Great news, the wavetable editor seemed to be one of the major sources of crashes. Another one, which you may not be aware of, is the undo functionality in certain DAWs (like Reason), which also causes crashes when used.
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

wheres the cheapest place to get dune 3? cheers

Just checking in, do we have purple yet?

Return to “Instruments”