SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

cleverr1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:21 am I wanted to use ST3 as my main live Rompler
, but it crashes.
+1

I really wish it wasn't a 100GB upgrade. That will require a substantial reconfiguration and upgrade of my hard drive setup to accommodate. Would rather it just offered the new core software features, with the additional sample content as paid add-ons.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:58 pm Looks like a great update! The only thing that wasnt said is about automation, hopefuly it will be possible :) also to link parameters to macros :)
Yes to both.
Awesome! Really looking forward to ST4 :)

I have been harsh sometimes towards IKM, but i have a soft spot for you guys, T-racks 5 Max is always my go to for mastering :)

jsp1979 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 pm This looks like what people hoped ST3 should've been so I'm cautiously optimistic.
My thought too as I was watching the promo video.

There is no way I'm spending another 150+ dollars on Sampletank. But it does look like a solid update if I were.

zzz00m wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:57 am I really wish it wasn't a 100GB upgrade. That will require a substantial reconfiguration and upgrade of my hard drive setup to accommodate. Would rather it just offered the new core software features, with the additional sample content as paid add-ons.
u don't HAVE to install all the content.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Can we use our Gear Credits to upgrade in the Custom Shop?

thejonsolo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:26 am A quick question...will this be a part of Total Studio Max? If so, when. I was considering upgrading to that, but am glad I waited with this news. Any details about an ALL IN ONE is appreciated if you foresee it.

My problem is that I own SOOO much of IK products but because it is not bundled, I only qualify for crossgrade (product valued at $99 or higher, when I have everything but MODO bass, some sound and amp modules and some T-Racks modules).
Agreed, a little bit more granular pricing would be really nice. I own TRacks MAX and Amplitube MAX and some other stuff but have to pay the upgrade from one MAX product.

If my second MAX was factored in to the upgrade pricing, I might go for Studio at some point. I expect Amplitube to get a major upgrade with resizable GUI next, though. So the next Studio which includes that next Amplitube version would be where I might go for it.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

My main questions... sorry if these have been asked by other users:

1. Is the GUI resizeable or have multiple size screens?

2. Are the only automations available to the host still just the macros 1-8 for each channel or can there be more?

3. Can we use gear credits or jampoints towards the purchase of ST4?

4. How long is this intro pricing and is there any special pricing to long-time IK customers who have multuple products?

5. Can we save the mod matrix as a preset(s) to use in other instruments?

6. In ST3, the ability to save effects combis was unable to load user combis from the browser. Is this fixed or has that feature been erased from ST4?

7. Is the disk streaming just a simple cache knob or is it a little more complex?

8. Are we still only able to import waves & aifs? Still no drag & drop files to ST4, no support for rex files or midi files (for use in the patterns page)?

9. Still no ability to access ST's round robin feature for making our own instruments?

10. As far modulation sources there are a lot included, but does ST4 include "alternate" as a source? That could possibly substitute for lack of round robin in instrument creation

11. Will there be any support for Midi Bank change for the live page or is does ST4 still only support program changes?

12. Sampletank's library is mostly great: Keys, Basses, Drums, synths, percussion. Are there going to be any better versions of brass & choirs? The brass really needs trombones with slides for example, more articulations, not just for orchestra. And the choirs (even the new ones with ST3) sound horrid. And... to add... if there are any new brass instruments will they be available in the SE and full versions?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Peter, i still can't figure out whether SampleTank 4 MAX is a "bigger SampleTank 4" (as in SampleTank 2 vs. SampleTank 2 XL), or is it a SampleTank 4 full + all expansions? other bundles with MAX in their name (e.g. Amplitube MAX) are product + expansions, so i'm assuming SampleTank 4 MAX is a bundle as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Looks like a solid improvement on the unuser friendly ST3. As someone with all but the last ST expansions, not sure I can afford to upgrade at the moment (will need to check Jam points) this close to Christmas. Can the pre-order price be extended to release date (like ST3 was) or is this going live on Jan 1st?

Happy Birthday Peter, btw.

Just curious, how’s the new guitar samples? Are they any better than American Acoustic? I don’t own any SampleTank products though.

I also wonder if American Acoustic is worthy to get.

Are the new guitars going to be very comprehensive with articulations like hammer on, pull off, harmonics, mutes, slides, strums and round/random robin?

And can I just get them on their own for a lower price? Otherwise, I wonder which edition will the guitars be in: SE, Normal or MAX.

I think not having esoundz/Dave Kerzner do sounds for ST3 made the sounds for me useless.
As a result, I don' even have ST3 installed on either of my systems but SonikSynth still is.
Sincerely hope its a new team sampling and making presets for ST4 than ST3, then again if it is the same team I will have saved money :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am I think not having esoundz/Dave Kerzner do sounds for ST3 made the sounds for me useless.
i thought he was?
Last edited by Burillo on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Maybe he is and completely changed his style. :)
I thought he wasn't.

And I seem to recall a thread saying he wasn't....
He certainly also isn't mentioned in the manual.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Saukar30 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am My main questions... sorry if these have been asked by other users:

1. Is the GUI resizeable or have multiple size screens?
Yes
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”