Kubik v2.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

re-discovering this gem from 2009, quite ahead of its time.
gave it a kind of Linplug Spectral facelift however :D

hit me with a PM if you want the skin.

here is a patch i made that i kinda like:
https://app.box.com/s/ne8wkebuhzyknucbzg2yg7v84qwnpmgi
no external effects, this is directly from the synths output.

:party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by layzer on Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

yeah, this one was a lost diamond, people weren't ready for it.

The synth itself is actually quite good, (feature wise), but those EGs are true carpetbiters.

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 pm yeah, this one was a lost diamond, people weren't ready for it.
I have it. I got it when the version was still before this one (this was version 2, I think). It was programmed following the signal path of the Waldorf Microwaves. I was in contact with the programmer (Jon Ayres) then. and after he associated with Rob Papen (that's where the RPCX came from). He actually told me that a follower to Kubik was a possibility within the line of RPCX.

Unfortunately, it revealed to not happen. Now the market has plenty of alternatives in what concerns wavetable synths, but back then it was the ONLY one.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I remember that one back in 2004/2005..
Anyway , after concrete fx closed the books , he became the main coder for Rob Papen
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

that's interesting about papen, made its way into pred2?

Who made this synth?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Concrete FX (predecessor, partly, to RPCX)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm Concrete FX (predecessor, partly, to RPCX)
The "human" name is Jon Ayres.
Fernando (FMR)

Dasheesh wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:41 pm that's interesting about papen, made its way into pred2?
Not quite. Kubik was a full wavetable synth. Each wavetable could contain 64 waves (like the Waldorf Microwaves). And all wavetables were fully editable, using additive synthesis.

Predator 2 can do wavetable, but its wavetables only have eight waves, AFAIK.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm Concrete FX (predecessor, partly, to RPCX)
Ok thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Kubik! Several years ago I was really missing it and forgot what it was called. :bang: I'd lost my license info for it.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 pm I remember that one back in 2004/2005..
Anyway , after concrete fx closed the books , he became the main coder for Rob Papen
This version was released in 2009, even then it was ahead of it's time
the first versions released in 2004-05 were skinnable and you could adjust the colors with a built in color scheme editor, this version lacked that ability, so i had to modify the DLL itself for this skin :cry:
the earlier versions also had a very buggy onboard patch system.

and yeah the editing of the envelopes requires some patience but piped through some modern effects, it still sounds fantastic, and uses peanuts for CPU. Its one of the few synths i actually read the manual for to get my head around all it can do!

Still got mine installed :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 am Still got mine installed :D
good to hear! i am on my 3rd day exploring the waveset creaton and modulation capabilities making my own bank of sounds :D

between this and surge i got all the wavetable i can handle!

Return to “Instruments”