Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Here's a NKS template for using this in NI keyboards/Maschine

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hiwrbo8jcoah ... Rz17a?dl=0

V Collection is still on sale at Sweetwater (and shoutout to those guys - customer service is awesome).

I was on the fence during the sale (it's a "need" vs. "want" thing), but getting this for $69 on the cross-grade sealed the deal. That's a little over $300 for V6 and Pigment - no-brainer, as we GAS-afflicted say when we want an excuse.

Now if they'll just update that CS-80... :hyper:

Just from a quick skim of it, it's got a lot of nice features.
I usually don't use arp/sequencer stuff too much, but this one seems fun to toy with.
Lots of good filters too.
The VA is a bit skimpy, but that's been done to death anyways.

Haven't dug into the deeper aspects of it, but I'm nit-picky.
First thing I noticed was that they missed release velocity as a mod source. :(
That's enough for me to take a pass on it,
because I've got VA/Wavetable synths that handle that nicely,
and it's important to me.
Maybe they'll add it, but I won't hold my breath for it.
Last edited by felis on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got it. Love it. Have fun.

Im testing the 1 month trial and I love it, only I cant seem to find the unison and detune button on the analog engine, also I cant adjust the amount of voices in there as well, only in the wavetable engine. Am i blind or?

Proken wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:41 pm Im testing the 1 month trial and I love it, only I cant seem to find the unison and detune button on the analog engine, also I cant adjust the amount of voices in there as well, only in the wavetable engine. Am i blind or?

Not every synth has every feature.
After a while, you just pick and choose the ones that have what's important to you.

Pretty good overview of features and a play around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1nXIgIfx1c
<List your stupid gear here>

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The upgrade price wont be so great if this goes into V7. They released the SEM and Matrix-12 separately before they both went into V4.

polarsky wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 am The upgrade price wont be so great if this goes into V7. They released the SEM and Matrix-12 separately before they both went into V4.
thats what I thought but consensus seems to think that the V collection will just contain the emu's Arturia has made, I can see a total bundle down the line however as I doubt this will be the last stand alone synth and also the press and filters to include

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 am Pigments is the worst name for a synth I've ever heard :?
Absolutely.

YAWN! :P
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Ok after some testing - not short on modulators at all! And...the sound is amazing. It really is. The comb filter is already my favourite of all the synths i have. Tracks brilliantly too!
The wavetables sounds really good. I dont know anything about the implementation, but man.
Really glad about this. Could honestly cut a record with just this if you wanted to.
Awesome stuff

Of all the names they could have chosen for this beginning with letter P, they chose that... :lol: They could have named it something like Assimilator, Photostream, Morphius, Waviator, Forminator, Spectrafuse, Flow, Hyperwave, Tsunami, Plasmaform, Iridescence... Fluidation.... something interesting, but no they call it after the first 3 letters of a farm animal that eats turnips on a piece of farm land...

I've heard and read some strange name for software...but this is probably the worst named synth ever heard from software company let alone a hardware and software company. I wouldn't buy or use it because of the name alone.

More seriously though..

"Melanoma of the eye

Melanoma is cancer that develops from pigment-producing cells called melanocytes. Most melanomas develop in the skin, but it's also possible for them to occur in other parts of the body, including the eye.

Eye melanoma most commonly affects the eyeball. Doctors sometimes call it uveal or choroidal melanoma, depending on exactly which part of your eye is affected."

I'd have the guy fired, for putting that name on a product to be sold, on that basis alone.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I guess you probably didn't like the Virus name either then.

Return to “Instruments”