Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm What exactly does crossgrade mean? Does it mean that you replace your existing collection with Pigments instead?
It means you're using your ownership in a different product line to get a discount on a different product line.

No, it doesn't replace your existing collection. It's like IK Multimedia giving you a discount on T-racks if you own Sampletank (or any other item over $99).
Hmm, that's great if it's true then.
I don't know how it might affect potential resale of the separate products, though.

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:23 pm What exactly does crossgrade mean? Does it mean that you replace your existing collection with Pigments instead?
It means you're using your ownership in a different product line to get a discount on a different product line.

No, it doesn't replace your existing collection. It's like IK Multimedia giving you a discount on T-racks if you own Sampletank (or any other item over $99).
Hmm, that's great if it's true then.
It is true. That's what crossgrade means. You keep the old product, but you are eligible to buy the new product at a special price.

For example, Steinberg can offer Kontakt owners a special price on HALion, which is a competing product. Why would they do that? Precisely because IT IS A COMPETING PRODUCT. That way, they are trying to conquer you as a customer, to keep buying upgrades on that product in the future, instead of the competing product.

The same happens with Dorico - special crossgrade ofer for Finale users. The logic is the same.
Fernando (FMR)

Can someone help me with syncing a lfo to the DAW transport? I mean it should start when playback is started and the run from there.. I only found note start and seq start (which is obviously the internal sequencer, which I don't want to use)
Last edited by dermage on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love the GUI. Its gorgeous and very accessible.

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:40 pm Can someone help me with syncing a lfo to the DAW transport? I mean it should start when playback is started and the run from there.. I only found note start and seq start (which is obviously the internal sequencer, which I don't want to use)

RTFM

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm I love the GUI. Its gorgeous and very accessible.
Yes it's a beautiful piece of design and I love how accessible they have made it for both knowledgeable users and relative newbies - probably the easiest of the more complex synths for a beginner to understand, particularly given the well thought out GUI and integration of learning features.

kv331 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm Basically ANY (as long as it's in WAV format), but you will be safe with Serum format (that's what I've been using mostly)
So if I throw in an arbitrary wave file, does it assume frame (single cycle) length = 2048 ?

I also noticed that if the name of the wave file includes root note, it separates cycles based on the root note length, right? That's cool

Wow, if thats true, FREAKING AWESOME! Brilliant idea.
First read for me is - where are all the mods hiding?

teilo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 pmWell, I have to admit, $69 for V6 owners is pretty much a done deal, even if I don't need the thing.
Same. And I think can already say I'll reach for Pigments before Serum.
+1 (after having spent a fortune on this year´s BF... :dog: )

Pigments indeed doesn´t bring any new sounds on the table, but the GUI just klicks with me, and the modulation is good enough for my modest needs yet still usable - a bit like the friendly little brother of fxpansion´s transmod thing.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bloody love it!
Well done Arturia
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pmI don't know how it might affect potential resale of the separate products, though.
When you crossgrade, you have to sell everything as a unit. So, if you crossgraded from Collection V 6, you cannot sell that separately from Pigments. All licenses involved in the crossgrade must be transfered to the new account.

Digging a little deeper, that sequencer is very powerful, the scales and randomness on trigs add a lot.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

teilo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pmI don't know how it might affect potential resale of the separate products, though.
When you crossgrade, you have to sell everything as a unit. So, if you crossgraded from Collection V 6, you cannot sell that separately from Pigments. All licenses involved in the crossgrade must be transfered to the new account.
And would it effect any future upgrade? For example, if I crossgrade to Pigments, does that mean I can no longer upgrade to Collection V 7 when it pops? Hope you can see why I'm slightly wary.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 pm
teilo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 pmWhen you crossgrade, you have to sell everything as a unit. So, if you crossgraded from Collection V 6, you cannot sell that separately from Pigments. All licenses involved in the crossgrade must be transfered to the new account.
And would it effect any future upgrade? For example, if I crossgrade to Pigments, does that mean I can no longer upgrade to Collection V 7 when it pops? Hope you can see why I'm slightly wary.
I highly doubt it. There's just no way that crossgrading to Pigments would prevent you from crossgrading to Collection V 7.

teilo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:17 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 pm
teilo wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 pmWhen you crossgrade, you have to sell everything as a unit. So, if you crossgraded from Collection V 6, you cannot sell that separately from Pigments. All licenses involved in the crossgrade must be transfered to the new account.
I highly doubt it. There's just no way that crossgrading to Pigments would prevent you from crossgrading to Collection V 7.
A 199 Euro instrument for 69 Euros for their long term customers with no catch? Arturia are most definitely in my good books again.
<List your stupid gear here>

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 pm Digging a little deeper, that sequencer is very powerful, the scales and randomness on trigs add a lot.
Agreed! The scales make that sequencer! I used to love using max sequencers that could do that. Before i moved to bitwig...

I thought this synth was lacking mods...but i was wrong. The functions make up for little LFO Count. Some really cool Sources too! This thing is so easy to program its unreal. The FX section is very well stocked too.

I have been saying this for a while now - Arturia is NAILING software again. Felt like they were really dragging behind for a while, people stopped taking them as seriously as the likes of U-HE/Synapse etc.
But starting with (for me at least) Synclavier...then DX7 and CMI-V, then the Synclavier resampling...now this - thats a lot of seriously high caliber synths in a row.

Thanks to V6 and this (Along with the other stuff i own) im starting to feel like i might actually (Almost) have enough!

Return to “Instruments”