DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 pm Pigment looks more colorful and modern.

They all want a big pie of the xmas pie it seems :)
Doesn't sound as good from what ive heard.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

iHartBeats wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 pm So if you think Serum is "thought leader" and think Synapse has "given up" then why are you here ? Just like the sound of your own bitching ?
As a big supporter of Dune 2 I want Synapse to hear concerns from invested customers. IF I have more avenues than just voting with dollars then I'll take those additional avenues.

This release is, at best, a point release... not a whole new version.
Here's a little hint. If you want a developer to listen to your feature requests then you'd do well to be polite. Telling them they have "given up" just because they didn't implement your feature request is rude and not likely to generate any sympathy. Calling all their hard work a "point release" isn't helping your cause either.

For the record my top 2 feature requests were shot down in flames and will probably never be added to Dune. I have little need for a WT Editor so it would have been way down my personal feature request list.

But it doesn't mean I think Synapse has "given up" or are incompetent or whatever. They simply have a different vision for their plugin than I do.

Drag and Drop Mod routing is nice but once again would have been waaaaay down my list. So your "concern" is no more valuable than the concerns from any other user or potential user.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

v1o wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:04 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:58 pm Pigment looks more colorful and modern.

They all want a big pie of the xmas pie it seems :)
Doesn't sound as good from what ive heard.
Dune's filters are definitely better. The raw sound is comparable, i would say, while Pigments takes quite a bit more CPU than Dune. I like the wavetables in Pigments better. Nothing is perfect. :)

Oh and anyone who thinks Synapse can keep up with all the posts in this thread are probably going to be disappointed. To much other fluff and blubber so feature requests are probably going unnoticed.

You could start a thread at the Synapse Forums for only Feature Requests and it might stay on topic for a little longer than a thread here before going off the rails.

But again "you suck, now give me what I want" is probably not going to do you much good.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I wish Sylenth1 had that reverb, it sounds excellent for a built-in reverb.
Thinking about it, maybe SA should release the entire effects section as a separate multi-FX plugin :)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:21 pm I wish Sylenth1 had that reverb, it sounds excellent for a built-in reverb.
Thinking about it, maybe SA should release the entire effects section as a separate multi-FX plugin :)
That's been requested long before D3. I've always thought it would sell really well but sometimes we make requests that sound simple but may in reality takes more lines of code and more hours of work than we can imagine.

Synapse is aware of the request so we just wait to see if happens or not. I would welcome such a Multi-FX plugin..... :shrug:

they have done as Re's and some experimental stuff in Orion only....

Oh, didn't know that. I've never really followed Dune 2 threads, so I don't know about features requests etc.

Well, had a couple of interesting hours playing around with Dune 3, but at the end of the day it is not for me. I guess I will wait for the Oberheim emulation, which I assume will be much more to my liking and inherit a couple of great effects, too, that will go beyond the original hardware :)

This thread is very much like Lynch's original movie :)

sfd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:54 pm This thread is very much like Lynch's original movie :)
Naked Lunch?
Oh no...that was Cronenberg.

Vertion wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 am Richard,

My apologies. Synapse Audio is one of the best companies in the entire market. Frankly, Dune 3 is the only release lately that has created market excitement for the softsynth scene.

You are an expert DSP dev right up there along with Urs, Andy, Steve, Angus, Markus, Jakob, Arguru, etc.

The fact is that Dune 3 is a really great product and synth and a lot of hard work went into this update. Most people are just looking at what is same. I saw Tone2 also go through this in various ways. I think you just need some fresh demo songs to plaster and inspire.
Yep agreed, Kevin is working on it :)

A few SC demos are here. The first demo shows a couple of factory patches (mostly EDM), the other two are older tracks made with earlier versions of Dune 3.

https://soundcloud.com/synapseaudio/set ... emo-sounds

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm

My apologies. Synapse Audio is one of the best companies in the entire market. Frankly, Dune 3 is the only release lately that has created market excitement for the softsynth scene.

You are an expert DSP dev right up there along with Urs, Andy, Steve, Angus, Markus, Jakob, Arguru, etc.

The fact is that Dune 3 is a really great product and synth and a lot of hard work went into this update. Most people are just looking at what is same. I saw Tone2 also go through this in various ways. I think you just need some fresh demo songs to plaster and inspire.

A few SC demos are here. The first demo shows a couple of factory patches (mostly EDM), the other two are older tracks made with earlier versions of Dune 3.

Richard
Hi Richard,
Great job with Dune 3! Thank you.

I can't see me using Dune 2 in the future now i've upgraded to version 3, Can I sell my Dune 2 license?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:02 pm
Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm

Richard
Hi Richard,
Great job with Dune 3! Thank you.

I can't see me using Dune 2 in the future now i've upgraded to version 3, Can I sell my Dune 2 license?
Not if you used it to get a discounted upgrade, I imagine.

ooooooo, that's a gotcha question if i ever heard one - lol. i'm not selling, but how DO you go about handling past licenses? how did he handle it when dune 2 was released? IDK, but now i'm curious, that's a good one.

Would be like cheating if you could sell your upgraded license. :P I don't know any company which allows this.

Return to “Instruments”