Cubase - How to route a standalone app to cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using a standalone app called Hi-Pi Instruments "MicroSynth" which enables using microtonal scales.

I use another app on "Microsynth" called "MIDIYoke" It's a virtual MIDI Input app. I can play the virtual keyboard on "MicroSynth" without using the real MIDI Keyboard.

I think that "MIDIYoke" can be routed into Cubase. So I can use "MicroSynth" with Cubase.

MIDIYoke is not a must for me. Finally I use the real MIDI Keyboard for playing. Is there another way for routing without it I'm okay with it.

I want to use VST Plugins with "MicroSynth".

So, how to do that?

What you ask for (one app producing audio, another app recording it) is a piece of cake on audio interfaces that allow routing of outputs to other inputs. ESI cards has DirectWire for that.

If microtonal scales is all you want, you should really go look for VSTi's that support them. There's plenty of them, here's an old thread with an inventary: viewtopic.php?t=366398
and a newer thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=497777
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Does Cubase 8 Elements version allow "MIDI Routing"?

Because I don't have "VST Connections - External Instruments" section in my Cubase however this guy have that section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHnKLzm ... =7&list=WL

There's your answer, I suppose. If you don't have VST Connections, default command is F4, that's a no.

Can't I do that with adjusting;

Input & Output settings of
1) MIDI Track
2) VST Track
3) MicroSynth Software

I don't know anything about MicroSynth. As to the question routing to external instruments natively from Cubase, that's a Pro feature. IE: in the manual it reads 'Cubase Pro only'.

I use one thing as an external synth from Cubase which is in fact software: Vienna Ensemble Pro; via Audio Input, a plugin they make for it.
It's not a standalone; my understanding is that to route to a standalone will require some intervention unless you are able to make Cubase see it via that. The way I know how to do it is VST Connections. If it's hardware it first comes in via Device Manager, then you set it up in VST Connections to make it a VST Instrument.
2) VST Track
The Inspector has to see the thing as a VST Instrument in order to get MIDI to it;
or that's my understanding: does it see the MicroSynth in the MIDI [ie., Track] output in Inspector as it is?
I expect it does not.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”