arturia synthi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:14 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm All these different Pigment threads are as redundant as Pigment itself :scared:
It's just a pigment of your imagination.
Or is it an imagination of a pigment? :?:

"20 years in the making." hmmmm..
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:18 pm "20 years in the making." hmmmm..
Hope, it doesn‘t smell that way...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm All these different Pigment threads are as redundant as Pigment itself :scared:
this wasn't created as a thread about the 11th december release - this was about the SYNTHI trademark and the likely synthi emulation that signifies.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 pm
this wasn't created as a thread about the 11th december release - this was about the SYNTHI trademark and the likely synthi emulation that signifies.
Then it‘s obviously derailed... :scared:

ya think?

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 pm ya think?
Thinking is overstated...

I do find it interesting that there's a ton of venom toward behringer in the hardware world because of their "homages", but I haven't seen arturia drawing fire for trademarking the names of classic synths etc in class 9 "...Recorded computer software..." and class 15: "Musical instruments; Electronic musical instruments; Music synthesizers" and the potential chilling effect that could have on software and hardware if they enforce those marks.

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:18 pm "20 years in the making." hmmmm..
They are stating that they have been recreating "the most iconic synthesizers" for 20 years, nothing else.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 pm I do find it interesting that there's a ton of venom toward behringer in the hardware world because of their "homages"...
Is it? I didn't notice anything. Actually, what I see is a lot of happy people.
Fernando (FMR)

I've seen it all over the place, especially youtube - comment sections quickly descending into heated polarized love/hate argument for what behringer is doing.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 pm I've seen it all over the place, especially youtube - comment sections quickly descending into heated polarized love/hate argument for what behringer is doing.
Oh that... How many? 10, 20, 100? Do you realize that's just noise, right? Doesn't worth the effort put in even read the comments.

Behringer would be doomed if they would be dependent on a bunch of noisy people. The same happens with Arturia.

People give too much value to that noise, IMO. In my land, there's a say that goes like this: "Dogs bark, but the caravan keeps going".
Fernando (FMR)

You're making a strawman argument there - I didn't attach a value to anything.

OneOfManyPauls wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 pm You're making a strawman argument there - I didn't attach a value to anything.
You wrote: "I haven't seen arturia drawing fire for trademarking the names of classic synths etc in class 9 "...Recorded computer software..." and class 15: "Musical instruments; Electronic musical instruments; Music synthesizers" and the potential chilling effect that could have on software and hardware if they enforce those marks."

This imply, IMO, that you value the supposed reaction taken about Behringer, and are surprised to not see the same kind of reaction towards Arturia - which I also fail to understand why it would.

And what kind of "potential chilling effect in software and hardware" would the fact they trademarked some names of classic synths would cause, and why?
Fernando (FMR)

No, it says that I see "noise" around behringer doing hardware "homages" and no "noise" around what arturia are doing. Says nothing about what value I attach to those comments. I more than grasp the concept of vocal minorities and the lack of correlation between that and actual consumer activity.

I was referring to the "potential chilling effect" with regards to other parties wanting to using those terms - terms that Arturia did not coin for the class they hold/wish to hold trademarks within.

I think it might be moot with Synthi though - I expect their application will be rejected.

Return to “Instruments”