Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm Modulate the parameters of ONE LFO, and it will be like you have a new one each cycle. This is something usually not accessible to modulate (waveform, symmetry and phase of the LFO).
So if i want to use and LFO where i modulate a parameter of this LFO with another and this LFO is also modulated with another LFO i already have 3 LFOs.
You can modulate an LFO with itself. This way, we won't loose another LFO :wink:

Which synth lets you use 100 LFO's anyway? (let me guess: Pulsar Modular) :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I have a feeling all the sounds will be in Analog Lab soon.
Last edited by v1o on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 pm
lnikj wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm I wanted a Synthi. Maybe that is coming later though.
xils
There is another thread about that, and about a certain registration request :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

I can't see any mention of NKS support, strange omission for a new synth when their existing synths have been compatible for a while.

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:15 pm I'm a sucker for synths that give you quick visual feedback on the modulation, so this is definitely an intriguing synth to me.
Well i have gt to say....well done arturia. Great price for existing customers...instabuy. Im happy.
And yes i agree visual feedback on modulators is a huuuuuuge workflow aid. This does look really cool.
But it is tough for sure. Having falcon, avenger, serum.....and considering dune3 (which i am frankly blown away by) thats a lot of wavetable.

But to be honest, dune 3 is 170 bucks. Whereas the intro price for v6 owners is incredible. I almost think you gotta buy those deals to show appreciation for good customer relations. Its a nice touch.

Even at full intro price...still cheaper than dune 3. I just wonder how the oscillators and filters will stack up. About to find out.......

This is a nice vid that shows a bit more about workflow and shows off some of the interesting modulation sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCjvZR0XqSw

After playing some minutes I can see that this thing is really something new in terms of "fun to play with". Easy on the eyes, feedback is great. Wavetable browser looks awesome! Great Modulation/Filter selectors. Now this is some improvement in workflow for sure. Fluid interface. Everything I want a synth to be!
Very tempted at 99...

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:21 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm
fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm Modulate the parameters of ONE LFO, and it will be like you have a new one each cycle. This is something usually not accessible to modulate (waveform, symmetry and phase of the LFO).
So if i want to use and LFO where i modulate a parameter of this LFO with another and this LFO is also modulated with another LFO i already have 3 LFOs.
You can modulate an LFO with itself. This way, we won't loose another LFO :wink:

Which synth lets you use 100 LFO's anyway? (let me guess: Pulsar Modular) :hihi:
No...actually it‘s an iOS synth :wink:

so Functions are just MSEG's....?

wavetable editor/creator?

can you import WT's?

Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 pm No...actually it‘s an iOS synth :wink:
Now you awake the curiosity in me. Which beast is that?
Last edited by fmr on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 pm can you import WT's?
Definitely. I wrote that more than once already. Actually, you can import whatever WAV file you want (wavetable or not).

Of course, a WAV file that's not a wavetable will not behave like a wavetable :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Well, I have to admit, $69 for V6 owners is pretty much a done deal, even if I don't need the thing.

The sound library will pay for the purchase. :lol:

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 pm can you import WT's?
Definitely. I wrote that more than once already. Actually, you can import whatever WAV file you want (wavetable or not).

Of course, a WAV file that's not a wavetable will not behave like a wavetable :hihi:
what format wavetables does it import?

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:36 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 pm No...actually it‘s an iOS synth :wink:
Now you awake the curiosity in me. Which beast is that?
Mitosynth. It‘s a unique tool for me. It use a kind of vector synthesis on steroids and a few other synthesis types. However, it‘s a complete different thing. I just mean that there are tools which offers as many modulators as your cpu can handle,
Falcon can do the same i think and a few others too.
But the GUI is a strong plus for Pigments.
The sound is O.K as well.
Last edited by Cinebient on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 pm Well, I have to admit, $69 for V6 owners is pretty much a done deal, even if I don't need the thing.

The sound library will pay for the purchase. :lol:
Yup, they got me to....just the right price point....10 bucks cheaper than upgrading Dune 2 to 3 :clown:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”