Flutey/brassy synth in this - how??

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5dH-_bdeM - it starts around the 1:12 mark, sorta buzzy flute/brass . I've tried loads of different approaches to reverse engineer this but no luck. Any ideas?
Muskeln!!!

Notes E5 & D#5
high-pass around 2.5k ish
use a pulse wave and play around with the width to get the right timbre. And use a little unison.

GL
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Pretty noisy environment for this relatively soft sound to live in. Odd harmonics seem to prevail, so squarish or trianglih waveshapes are the main suspects. But I wonder what's happening @3:01? Is it just a pitch sweep or an AM modulator pitch sweep? Could the whole thing be AM? Like a sine or triangle modulated by a sine or triangle? And HP or BP filtering? AM could also explain the "buzz". Have not actually tried any this....

High-passing it removes the first 2 to 3 harmonics. so that creates the only higher harmonics that look odd as if they were F<'d or some other modulation but I think it's simpler than that.
So now then when you play with the width you already get really close.
The phasey-ness (I think) comes from unison but I could be wrong
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm The phasey-ness (I think) comes from unison but I could be wrong
Maybe that's just modulation in the Reverb...

Thanks a lot ,lads, much appreciated!
Muskeln!!!

Return to “Sound Design”