Hazy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

what do you think of my latest piano piece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsSYlVcswrM

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 8
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Very nice. Not a big fan of the couple of sudden stops and starts though. Would have preferred it to be more fluid. Obviously just a personal taste thing with me so don't change anything on my account. Musically pleasant. Hard to screw up the instruments and mix on a solo piano piece, thus the 10s

I agree with wagtunes. Those sudden stops kill the momentum. Chord progression was too simple for a 3 plus minutes song, but it makes sense looking at this picture.

Hi Jesse. Beautiful stuff! I can hear some of your regular work in this but there are some cool additions to the harmonic flow. A couple of the really high notes sound odd...
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

This was beautiful to listen to. I agree that I would love to hear a more complex chord progression for this length. But overall, I still like it!
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Nice.

If you need to insert stops, then you could automate in a reverb or delay to give the last note a "tail".

Sweet, and I like it as-is. Did you play it in realtime and edit afterwards or ... ?

Nicely done, thanks for sharing.

nothing to hide behind here ...
takes some huevos to post something this minimal , and
it works quite well ...

just to be a tad contrarian , i'd would consider increasing the length of the pauses ,
in addition to the previously mentioned reverb tails ...

ver' nice work ...

strike all the verbiage

TL;DR version: the musical ideas seem like the piece should have fluidity and it's just stiff.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds like it was sequenced, so it doesn't very natural at all.

Interesting sounds, but like others said the stops don't seem very natural at all. Structure of it seems a bit sporadic as well.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:57 pm Sounds like it was sequenced, so it doesn't very natural at all.

This IS a good point, as a very natural scene is used for inspiration? Velocity values and tempo map can be improved.

For me personally though, what matters most is that the OP has a musical taste and can definitely get better at this. My suggestion would be to spend some time on an actual acoustic piano and study the natural characteristics. That helps a lot! That's not to say there aren't truck loads of minimalist piano pieces with absolutely no " natural" characteristics. Sometimes that would be absolutely necessary...it's just this particular background pic doesn't convey that feel.

I enjoyed it. I should think it would be suitable for use in an OST setting, maybe in a mystery movie, or a period drama.

Good work :)

wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:06 pm My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 8
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.25

Comments: Very nice. Not a big fan of the couple of sudden stops and starts though. Would have preferred it to be more fluid. Obviously just a personal taste thing with me so don't change anything on my account. Musically pleasant. Hard to screw up the instruments and mix on a solo piano piece, thus the 10s
thanks for the feedback!
I kinda like the stop, maybe because it IS sequenced? I kinda feel it makes it less robotic somehow...

In The Mix wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:40 pm I agree with wagtunes. Those sudden stops kill the momentum. Chord progression was too simple for a 3 plus minutes song, but it makes sense looking at this picture.
thanks! I will try and see if more chords would make it better. Any one else agree?

Allomerus wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:54 am Hi Jesse. Beautiful stuff! I can hear some of your regular work in this but there are some cool additions to the harmonic flow. A couple of the really high notes sound odd...
Well done.
:)
thanks man! those high notes may actually leave the final composition when i convert it to note sheet.

Return to “Music Cafe”