Configuring Moog Model D CC Map

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The manual says:
To make a MIDI CC assignment, simply tap a knob or switch, and then operate the corresponding knob or switch on your MIDI controller.
How do I map to the LinnStrument's Z axis? Tapping it sets the target to CC74, but pressing does not change that.

I see that I can double-tap a control to enter a CC value manually (not mentioned in the Model D manual), but I don't know what to enter.

So far as I can tell from the Model D docs and UI it does not support channel pressure as a modulation source, so I set Loudness/Z to CC11, which works.

Timbre/Y is set to CC74 and mapped to cutoff frequency. The Model D does not respond to Y movement, though with equivalent settings, Animoog does.

Posted in the wrong topic.

For anyone interested in Moog's "Model D" app, I want you to know that this person's assessment of its functionality is completely wrong. It works just fine, as it should, and it is a fantastic app. I personally use it with my LinnStrument, live onstage, on a regular basis, and it absolutely responds to channel pressure, as well as Y-axis movement. The OP simply doesn't understand how to set it up properly, and seems content to flood this forum with misinformation at every turn.

That said, there is one small bug related to how mod-wheel assignments are handled in MPE mode, for which a fix is pending. In fact, it's in beta as we speak, and should be released shortly. This bug, however, has nothing to do with the alleged problems reported above, which I assure you are strickly user error... Again. Ahem!

Ah, the Internet (wink)...

Cheers!

My LinnStrument seems to be the problem. It was misbehaving with several apps and now is not showing up as a MIDI source at all on either the new iPad or the PowerMac it was working fine with until this past week.

I agree it's a great app. For future reference, how do you map channel pressure? The manual doesn't mention it.

I got email from Geert Bevin, he says never use CC Learn for polyphonic expression with any Moog app.

As per the Recommended Sounds page, set the LinnStrument to MPE mode (so Loudness/Z is Channel Pressure).

In the Model D app, set MIDI > Input to MPE, Advanced > Pitch Range to 24, and Advanced > Modulation > Aftertouch to Loudness, Filter, Oscillator, or Mod. Src.

The latter setting is not currently covered in the Model D manual.

rlauriston wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 pm In the Model D app, set MIDI > Input to MPE, Advanced > Pitch Range to 24, and Advanced > Modulation > Aftertouch to Loudness, Filter, Oscillator, or Mod. Src.

The latter setting is not currently covered in the Model D manual.
It most certainly is in the manual. I'm looking at it right now.

If you want to ask questions about the things you don't understand, that's fine, that's what forums are for. Of course, it would be nice if you also heeded the answers you receive. But will you please stop monopolizing this forum with false facts and your ill-informed presumptions about how things work. There is too much noise online as it is. Never mind that you're wasting the time of everyone who generously tries to help you.

Stop. Breathe. Listen. Think. Comprehend. Then speak.

Cheers!

Where in the manual do you find the words Advanced or Aftertouch?

http://model-d-ios-manual.webflow.io/

That appears to be for an earlier release that doesn't have the Advanced tab.

Last edited by rlauriston on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's right, I'm making this up. You're insufferable, you know that?

Manual --> Using The Top Bar --> Settings --> Advanced --> Modulation --> Aftertouch

You're welcome.

Ah, thanks, the in-app version of the manual is up to date.

I've been using the out-of-date version on the web http://model-d-ios-manual.webflow.io on my computer so I can have it open while using the Model D app.

See, and this is precisely my point. You come on here and start thread after thread, convinced that everything is broken, and proceed to pontificate about everything from hardware to code, even though you clearly don't know what you're talking about; only to ultimately ignore the better advice from your peers, when in fact you're simply looking in the wrong place or don't otherwise understand. It's a waste of time, it confuses other people, and worse yet, it stands to tarnish the reputation of well-designed products and the developers behind them. If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Period. So if you can't ask humble questions, or be bothered to actually listen to the answers, do us all a favour and stop posting.

Cheers!

When Model D is in MPE mode, the LinnStrument's Timbre/Y default CC74 is supposed to be mapped to the mod wheel, but in the current version in the App Store (1.1.3) that's not happening. Geert Bevin says it will be fixed in the next release.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”