Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Yes, It is up against some very good synths- obviously Serum, but also the Hive 1.2 update has nice wavetable options, and of course Dune...Icarus...Avenger....its a long list of high quality instruments and most of us probably have at least one of them (bugger, I have every one I listed!)

It will have to be a good upgrade from V6 price for me as I really have this covered sonically, but the GU and workflow is to be applauded and there is no doubt it up there with the best of them for this type of instrument, well done Arturia!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ok so demo has a time limit on each use?!?!?! perhaps guessing 15min??? thought it was a clean 30 days? im going to buy it anyway but the limit sucks. kind of sitting here in limbo with the potential of a pretty cool track waiting to be able to buy it lol

SLiC wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 pm Yes, It is up against some very good synths- obviously Serum, but also the Hive 1.2 update has nice wavetable options, and of course Dune...Icarus...Avenger....its a long list of high quality instruments and most of us probably have at least one of them (bugger, I have every one I listed!)
:hihi: I will not even write my list. I will be ashamed :oops:
Fernando (FMR)

sureno wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm ok so demo has a time limit on each use?!?!?! perhaps guessing 15min??? thought it was a clean 30 days? im going to buy it anyway but the limit sucks. kind of sitting here in limbo with the potential of a pretty cool track waiting to be able to buy it lol
20 minutes. Just when you finish your patch, it'll be over. :D

chk071 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:31 pm
sureno wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm ok so demo has a time limit on each use?!?!?! perhaps guessing 15min??? thought it was a clean 30 days? im going to buy it anyway but the limit sucks. kind of sitting here in limbo with the potential of a pretty cool track waiting to be able to buy it lol
20 minutes. Just when you finish your patch, it'll be over. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: pretty much exactly that :dog:
come on Arturia let me buy it already so I can get back to this track lol

69 euro for V Collection 6 owners.

kiezum wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:44 pm 69 euro for V Collection 6 owners.
BOUGHT :clap:

That was lower than I was expecting. Wow.

Perhaps a stupid question, but what's the likelihood that this will be included in V-Collection 7? I don't know much about the Arturia collection, but I have always assumed it's a collection of vintage emulations, and this one seems brand-new and way different. Can we assume anything about its inclusion?

I don’t think Arturia will include it. If it was Native Instruments... than it would be a different story 😕

I’m wondering if I need this synth. Enough wavetable synths in my arsenal.

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:20 pm
Cinebient wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:04 pm Yes but i could use 100 LFOs :D
Modulate the parameters of ONE LFO, and it will be like you have a new one each cycle. This is something usually not accessible to modulate (waveform, symmetry and phase of the LFO).
I know, i have synths where i can modulate each part of an LFO with another and i also can go on endless here until i have 100 layers of modulators modulating eachother if i want.
LFOception.
So if i want to use and LFO where i modulate a parameter of this LFO with another and this LFO is also modulated with another LFO i already have 3 LFOs.
You can add many layers of nuances in a controlled way if you just have unlimited amount of LFOs or other modulators.
There are also synths which let me modulate just parts of an LFO or MSEG and so on.
I must say the (almost) one page workflow thing looks great but it´s still looks a bit limited.
However, i will try the demo asap and see if i´m wrong (could be of course).

lnikj wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm I wanted a Synthi. Maybe that is coming later though.
xils
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

sureno wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:47 pm
BOUGHT :clap:
It seems to be 99€ for V5 owners.

I'm a sucker for synths that give you quick visual feedback on the modulation, so this is definitely an intriguing synth to me.

Return to “Instruments”