Pioneer AS-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Monday night Jam time

1 - Novation D-Station
2 - Novation Mono Station
3 - Pioneer AS-1

Gotta say this D-Station is just how I remember her, fatter than the TR8s I just sold.

Yes, the Drumstation is nice. It ages very well :)

I nearly jumped on an AS-1 when it was super cheap but read somewhere that it does not play nice with other gear. Something about sequences not syncing properly over midi. What's anyone's experience?

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 pm I nearly jumped on an AS-1 when it was super cheap but read somewhere that it does not play nice with other gear. Something about sequences not syncing properly over midi. What's anyone's experience?
Last night I found this to be true about the AS-1 and it's sequencer. I'm sequencing it from Beatstep Pro and it's all good however they should fix the sync issue as it's annoying!
The sound and FX are amazing tho. I would NOT buy this until they fix the sync issue unless of course you just wanna sequence AS-1 from something else.

Rob

sinkmusic wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:09 pm Yes, the Drumstation is nice. It ages very well :)
I had one back in 2000's and always regretted selling it. This blows the TR8s I had for punch. I sold my TR8s after 2 weeks and decided to go and find a new looking D-Station.. sounds amazing

SHall1000 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 pm Something about sequences not syncing properly over midi. What's anyone's experience?
After a few days of playing my AS-1 I'm going to sell it, the sequencer bug is really annoying it's a shame I love the sound of this thing BUT I don't have time to f**k about with glitchy gear hardware or software. The thing goes out of time constantly FFS who beta tests this expensive gear, oh well I'll have even more beer money in my pocket after this goes lol :lol:

That sucks. I thought it looked pretty neat when it was announced. It's been out long enough that a bug like this should have been fixed. Shows how much they care I guess.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:00 pm That sucks. I thought it looked pretty neat when it was announced. It's been out long enough that a bug like this should have been fixed. Shows how much they care I guess.
Exactly! It's a real shame as it sounds absolutely fabulous but that's a real bad bug and after searching online there's no fix.
Wonder why they'd release such a buggy synth. Oh well lesson learned :lol:

Get mopho then

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”