Bitwig 2.5 beta is out!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For me update is better , my Panorama P4 working much faster. Thanx Bitwig Team ;)

mholloway wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pmDisappointment to this very lackluster update is a valid response.
I agree... however, throwing tantrums and tossing ones feces around the room... well, there are more admirable forms of human behavior :hihi:

aproject wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm For me update is better , my Panorama P4 working much faster. Thanx Bitwig Team ;)
Please provide more details if you would... What aspects are faster? and are you on Mac or PC?

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm Launch time has gone from 22 seconds on my MBP to 14 seconds. That is a solid improvement.
Any other improvements regarding the "laggy interface" on Mac? I'm especially interested in the so called "zippier interface"improvement.

mholloway wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pm
Enrize wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm Yeah...good things are easy to get used to. You, people, already forgot that previous update was few months ago... :dog: Do you realise its impossible to "machinegun" big features every 2-3 months?
Guess what: just because you aren't disappointed by this release doesn't mean everybody else has to mirror your reaction. Disappointment to this very lackluster update is a valid response. Your apparent need to play the Positivity Police and smack down on anybody who isn't pleased like you are is really tiresome.
Tiresome is to read people who understand zero in software development and who thinks that killer features could be done in 2-3 days in a row.

groovyomega wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 pm Launch time has gone from 22 seconds on my MBP to 14 seconds. That is a solid improvement.
Any other improvements regarding the "laggy interface" on Mac? I'm especially interested in the so called "zippier interface"improvement.
I haven't had a chance to do any real testing... I'm also especially interested in the zippier interface improvement. If there is significant improvement there, 2.5 will end up as one of my favorite updates yet!

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:16 pm Dom wrote to me that the shortcuts weren't added to the changelog because a.) there were too many for them to fit in there and b.) because things are still in flux and they may change.

And everybody please remember: This is a FIRST BETA version, I got quite some crashes, so if you are uncomfortable with using development versions just wait for the final and things will be both documented and more stable, like always.
Sorry but this a bit lame as
- any documentation about all shortcut available for years isn´t present
- how shall I beta test, if I don´t know what to test
- there are changelogs out there, which going over pages and pages
- if there are changes of them in future ...well other companies list the changes then in the changelog of the new version...

Name it shit if it is shit... the information flow from Bitwig to the users is more than sparsely...
If there wouldn´t be the welcome work of many youtubers making great tutorials of new features respectively explaining nearly everything in detail many of us would grope in the dark... as the manual... hmmm isn´t really a manual...
To me it compares like buying a clothes washer and the manual just explains the on/off button...
Test everything else yourself as all the information doesn´t fit in here...

Perhaps I am not enough on the experimental side to figure out everything myself, but to my understanding it´s the job of the company to inform me and not my job to test until I get bloody fingers

... there were too many to list/fit... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is actually a good joke.... :party:

^I agree, every time there's an update I'm one of the lost ones counting on others to shed light because there is no explanation as to how to use the new features. Like I said in my previous post, I like clear instructions, Bitwig should provide them imo, even for a beta, for the reason outlined above by Trancit.

Edit: I don't know when this page appeared, or if it was already there, but it helped me: https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_5.html
Last edited by JHernandez on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-JH

I wasn't really interested in anything in 2.3 or 2.4, but this looks like a solid release for me.

Not really sure on how clip blocks work. Seems kinda hacky based on the description. Maybe I'll change my mind after playing around with it a bit.

I'm really happy about slip editing. That'll make life a lot easier.

Also excited about more functions that are able to be linked to a keyboard. I ran into quite a few instances where there was no ability to define a shortcut for certain functions.

Browser improvements are nice as well.

Improvements in performance are much appreciated. Especially the startup times. Still waiting on that hi res improvement though. Won't be updating until then.

Wow!
I just purchased BW last week and got an update. No bad.
No idea what happened to me (hated the UI) but now I can't stop using it. "Live" is quite "dead" for almost a week :hihi: )
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Thank you for the update.
Please, add the SYNC / BPM possibility into sampler to make 2.5 update iconic :ud:

pdxindy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:41 pm
groovyomega wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:36 pm
I haven't had a chance to do any real testing... I'm also especially interested in the zippier interface improvement. If there is significant improvement there, 2.5 will end up as one of my favorite updates yet!
Simply move or duplicate a handful of clips in the arrangement quickly with the mouse - that would be enough for me if it was just more snappier and not as time-lipped (as if the handbrake is on firmly).

Does anybody know if beta versions are also open to Bitwig 8-Track owners?

Pretty lame update. Will be holding off until I see something more substantial. For now i'll enjoy all my free point updates from the other DAWs I use :)

Return to “Bitwig”