Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

fmr wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:12 pm OK, so now I think we can talk freely about it. Here is a screenshot showing the wavetable section. AS you can see, the teaser I posted a couple of hours ago is from this section.

And more - "Pigments will be available to experience for free for a full month after its release. Users wishing to buy Pigments during this promotional month will be able to purchase it for only $149 / 149€.
oh enough with the teasing, can I buy it now please :dog:

Disappointment central. Ah well, back to the Blofeld.

Another thing. Although Arturia doesn't pretend Pigments can do Granular Synthesis, I managed to do something of a kind. I can go deeper into this if people are interested.
Fernando (FMR)

Any idea when it will actually be released? In a few days or in a few months?

A few questions:

Do I have to uninstall that Arturia control panel thingy to try the demo?

How difficult is Arturia stuff to uninstall on Mac? I'm tired of testing demos and then uninstalling by hand because software companies never bother to provide an uninstaller for Mac.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Hi Fmr, a question,
Can pigments sends midi out ?
Best
YY

So... to make this... they modeled Serum, Massive, and maybe slapped some of the phase distortion of VirtualCZ into a plugin?

Color my pigment... not so impressed right now.

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:15 pm
wow, thats an awful video :lol:
Agreed :D

Seems like they may have ripped out the algorithms from their other synths and repackaged them alongside a wavetable generator in a fairly standard subtractive architecture with a nice gui. Not seeing anything very innovative from the videos. Maybe the demo (or Fernando !) will prove me wrong.

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm Any idea when it will actually be released? In a few days or in a few months?
Hopefully later today :).

Whywhy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:18 pm Hi Fmr, a question,
Can pigments sends midi out ?
Honestly, I didn't try, but I don't think so.
Fernando (FMR)

I was secretly hoping for a hardware polyphonic matrixbrute /wavetable monster :(

Oh well, sounds good enough but nothing new here.

God am I jaded.

I wanted a Synthi. Maybe that is coming later though.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:22 pm
jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm Any idea when it will actually be released? In a few days or in a few months?
Hopefully later today :).
Very cool. Thank you for the response.

m-ac wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:23 pm I was secretly hoping for a hardware polyphonic matrixbrute /wavetable monster :(
Exactly. Me too. Even a cut down version closer to the excellent MB2S would sell like hot croissants.

Return to “Instruments”