Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=31t95Cu6YIM

I guess they finally release a software synth with all their modelled synth engines. I see a wavetable and a Sem filter and lots of LFO’s and envelopes.

Could it be the software version of the Arturia Origin?

https://www.arturia.com/products/hardwa ... in-desktop

There is already a thread about the new Arturia synth:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=516046
I didn’t see that one.

kiezum wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:29 pmSem
Looks like S&H to me, not SEM 8)

I am not interested when Arturia is releasing a wavetable synth (even if it has a SEM filter). Because the new wavetable feature of Hive is just brilliant with uhm files (wow!), Zebra and Serum wavetable import.

Hehehe, I stand corrected. It's got S&H *and* SEM filters :-)

kiezum wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm Could it be the software version of the Arturia Origin?

https://www.arturia.com/products/hardwa ... in-desktop
I would like that very much, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, I was hoping to finally see a software verson of Origin. But I think it’s just another wavetable synth.

Arturia should make a modular synth with all the different components of all their synth plugins. That would be great.

Arturia should stick to hardware 8)

Looks like a IOS Synth but it could also be a editor for a hw Synth.
Well 11th Dec. is not so far away so i will check back then :tu:

AnX wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 am Arturia should stick to hardware 8)
Realy?

V6 Collection has some of the very best sounding and usable VSTs available for an amazing price, I think they are one of the very best software companies, 5 installs, unobtrusive copy protection, regular updates, fully scalable GUIs, advanced preset browser and very generous amount of presets etc.

Even on gearsluts the general consensus was that many of the 21 VST's you get for 250E are actually class-leading (and the ones that are not necessarily 'best of class' are still all highly usable)

I agree their hardware is also great, but that just makes them the best 'all round' hardware and software providers for electronics musicians, they overtook NI in my book when they started making real analogue synths whilst continuously uptraining and improving their old instruments for free (even their very early instrument as a fully scalable interface suitable for 4K- try that with Absynth….or even Kontakt 6!)

D-Fusion wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:12 am Looks like a IOS Synth but it could also be a editor for a hw Synth.
It's neither of them :)
Fernando (FMR)

i'm curious. i loved my Minibrute to death and wouldn't mind throwing money at them for a software instrument, but i'm not super into emulations.

SLiC wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am
AnX wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 am Arturia should stick to hardware 8)
Realy?
yeah, its great, i want more :hyper:

ive got enough software to last me a lifetime... you cant beat the hands on experience

Well, they have been making more digital synths recently - dx7, cmi, spectral resynthesis in synclavier....so to me it makes sense for them to release something modern. It’s the only thing they haven’t done.
The modern super beast market is dominated by falcon, omnisphere and avenger, maybe arturia want to get in there.
Or is it more in the serum range of complexity?

I have been using falcon and the like for ages but I have to admit, I’m really enjoying synths like ana2 now - lots of filters, great fx selection and a ton of waveforms/tables, great mod options but not such a beast that it takes ages to set up.
The thing that bums me out about the mega beasts is automation - having to assign every parameter to host automation.
That’s why I have been using the mid level stuff so much for songwriting.

I was just about to check out the waves one! Plus softube modular is on sale! Plus I still haven’t gotten cypher2!! Jeez.
BUT I was wise enough to upgrade to v6 whilst the sale was on. I wonder what the upgrade path will be.

I hate this type of marketing. But man it works.

Return to “Instruments”