Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

alexishere wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 pm The ER level is a hassle to deal with in presets. It’s the only but big gripe that i have with Verberate, i ended up re-saving all my presets with dry level off and reverb level on, so i can hear the presets with intended LR/ER ratios..
I'm sorry to hear that you find it a hassle to deal with. There's no need to save the presets with the dry level off. You can simply disable the dry signal and lock the reverb levels (the button with lock icon in the header) and you'll hear the intended LR / ER rations.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm
alexishere wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:50 pm The ER level is a hassle to deal with in presets. It’s the only but big gripe that i have with Verberate, i ended up re-saving all my presets with dry level off and reverb level on, so i can hear the presets with intended LR/ER ratios..
I'm sorry to hear that you find it a hassle to deal with. There's no need to save the presets with the dry level off. You can simply disable the dry signal and lock the reverb levels (the button with lock icon in the header) and you'll hear the intended LR / ER rations.

Best,
Stian
When I do that, LR is locked and and ER is going up and down(not according to the locked reverb level) messing up the ratios. It would only work if the presets were made with the same LR level but obviously they usually arent.

The only way the ratio would stay constant is if the ER is changing according to the LR. Please Let me know if Im missing something..

alexishere wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:39 am When I do that, LR is locked and and ER is going up and down(not according to the locked reverb level) messing up the ratios. It would only work if the presets were made with the same LR level but obviously they usually arent.

The only way the ratio would stay constant is if the ER is changing according to the LR. Please Let me know if Im missing something..
The ratio remains constant when you adjust the reverb level. That's what I mean by post fader -- when you adjust the late reverb level, the ER level will be adjusted accordingly.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:13 am
XComposer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:44 pm I tried the demo of Verberate today rather extensively. I'm impressed by its quality and realism. It's certainly one of the most realistic reverbs I have ever tried and it's amazing how unobtrusive and natural it sounds. Very, very well! I really hope to be able to buy it as soon as possible. I'm becoming more and more a fan of Acon Digital. :wink:
Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear that you like Verberate as well. Please send me a PM if you have several Acon Digital plug-ins already and want to purchase Verberate as well. Maybe there are cheaper ways than purchasing the full license.

Best,
Stian
Thank you, really! I really appreciate this very, very much. I couldn't contact you nor answer this message until now for personal reasons, but now I realized that it's the Black Friday, so… I have just bought Verberate with the Black Friday discount, now. Very happy! Now I have Verberate, DeVerberate and the Restoration Suite (and also the free Multiply, Reverb SOLO and CM Verb).

XComposer wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am Thank you, really! I really appreciate this very, very much. I couldn't contact you nor answer this message until now for personal reasons, but now I realized that it's the Black Friday, so… I have just bought Verberate with the Black Friday discount, now. Very happy! Now I have Verberate, DeVerberate and the Restoration Suite (and also the free Multiply, Reverb SOLO and CM Verb).
Thanks -- glad to hear that you like it! :)

Best,
Stian

Still loving Verberate!

FYI...I installed the Acoustica Premium demo and it overwrote my existing Verberate (1.6.2?) with the version (1.8.x) in Acoustica. The new VST worked but not the AU, and the Time and Size parameters in the VST both had zippery noise that caused CPU spikes in Ableton 10.0.5. I had to manually uninstall Acoustica and reinstall 1.6.2 to get things back to normal.

I'm on a 2012 MacBookPro with 10.12.6 if that helps.

Snapped it up during Black Friday sales. Such a lush sounding reverb! The immadiate tone is so different to my other reverbs. A superb addition to my plugin folder.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Agreed! This one is absolutely unique and thus very valuable.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

himalaya wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:45 am Snapped it up during Black Friday sales. Such a lush sounding reverb! The immadiate tone is so different to my other reverbs. A superb addition to my plugin folder.
That was a great deal for a sweet sounding verb.

Great reverb. I also got this recently.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yeah $29 for this on BF is the single best reverb deal I could imagine.

I've only really used this on tracks/busses until now. Just the other day I tried Verberate on the master, to help gel a bass overdub with an otherwise completed mix. Wowzers, had a sense of realism/depth I couldn't match with anything else in my sizable algorithmic 'verb stable.

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:06 am Still loving Verberate!

FYI...I installed the Acoustica Premium demo and it overwrote my existing Verberate (1.6.2?) with the version (1.8.x) in Acoustica. The new VST worked but not the AU, and the Time and Size parameters in the VST both had zippery noise that caused CPU spikes in Ableton 10.0.5. I had to manually uninstall Acoustica and reinstall 1.6.2 to get things back to normal.

Thanks for reporting. To be honest, the size parameters could always cause zipper noises. It's virtually impossible to automate the size parameter (at least with the current topology) without any artifacts, so I didn't make any attempts at it. The filter updates are handled for each audio block and in the audio thread in the latest version and I assume that's why you see differences. Previous versions did some time consuming updates on the GUI thread. I have considered a separate worker thread for this, but there are downsides with that solution as well. The newest version should be better when automating parameters.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am The newest version should be better when automating parameters.
Is 1.8.x going to be made available to verberate customers or is just for use in acoustica (veberate download page is still just 1.6.2)

jdnz wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 am
stian wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am The newest version should be better when automating parameters.
Is 1.8.x going to be made available to verberate customers or is just for use in acoustica (veberate download page is still just 1.6.2)
In that context,
I can`t hold back my curiosity, I .. just .. can`t:
is there some sort of rough Verberate road map on what to expect when?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

stian wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am
Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:06 am Still loving Verberate!

Thanks for reporting. To be honest, the size parameters could always cause zipper noises. It's virtually impossible to automate the size parameter (at least with the current topology) without any artifacts, so I didn't make any attempts at it. The filter updates are handled for each audio block and in the audio thread in the latest version and I assume that's why you see differences. Previous versions did some time consuming updates on the GUI thread. I have considered a separate worker thread for this, but there are downsides with that solution as well. The newest version should be better when automating parameters.

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian, thanks for the reply! I have seen you post about the Size zippering noise previously and was aware of that. I meant to point out that Reverb Time was also noisy (for me) in 1.8.x while it is/was not in 1.6.x.

Just for the record, I find the slimmer size (or possible less serif-y) font in 1.8.x and Equalize v2 less readable, the fact that the plugin can be resized (but not zoomed) makes this it a little bit of an issue for those of us north of 40 :-).

Also, compared to most other reverbs, I am curious about the lack of Diffusion control. I am not saying Verberate needs one, and don't expect you to reveal secrets. Does Diffusion get computed behind the scenes when other parameters are changed? I'm a bit of an algorithmic reverb anorak and am fascinated by the reasons for similarities/differences in various products. Thanks!

Return to “Effects”