Anything particular you want to see from BFD3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

More expansions would be nice, I already own them all (apart form the marching band thing and the Japanese percussion thing), all Sonic Reality, Platinum Samples and Drum Drops . . . you can never have to many :wink: We have snare packs and cymbal packs, how about kick packs and toms packs?

Love BFD, have done since the start, also owned a heap of other drum stuff, Addictive Drums 2, EZdrummer 2, Superior 2, Superior 3, but was having a clean out recently and sold them all, never really used them, and if i tried I would always end up replacing them with BFD3, to me it just sounds so much better.

Just don't let BFD die, BFD4 would be nice, as long as it isn't a backwards step, which I'm sure it wouldn't be, but please keep it alive even if it's just adding to BFD3.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:28 am We have snare packs and cymbal packs, how about kick packs and toms packs?
And wolf packs :wink:
No auto tune...

BFD isn't dying, rest assured. Obviously I cannot go into details. But what I have in mind is ... well... I've already said too much. :hihi:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Anything particular you want to see from BFD3?

Yes
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Just a few things that came to my mind:

- The whole content scanning thing is sometimes confusing - I had to set up BFD on a new computer, and it seemed to consistently miss some kits and presets, as they were in multiple folders (with BFD2 content and third party libraries). Maybe something like a "consolidate everything nicely to one main folder and validate everything" functionality would be fab - as this is what I have done several times in the past, after installs ended up here and there. I know this is potentially just an issue for people with a lot of packs, but when you have many, just managing all of this stuff becomes a burden - the same is true for the groove files, which became an unorganized mess here.

- Maybe something like a "find similar" kit pieces or "find similar grooves" function would be nice - in principle anything that takes the management burden away from the user. In general, I find the browser menu on the left too small and a bit limited - a few other companies have tagging systems that let you find your instruments much faster.

- Some "alternative/unconvential" packs would be nice that are not just 'normal' acoustic drum kits. 8Bit kit and Percussion were cool, but maybe this could be explored some more... Hope I can mention a "competitor" - I loved what Sonic Couture did with Electro-Acoustic...

- An even more efficient lossless compression would be fab. With all the kits I own, I am in constant need for more disk space. ;-)

The choice to demo expansions would be great, even with a reduced velocity set. It'd be great to load up the sounds and be able to work with them to know if an expansion really works for you or not.

I'd also like a reggae expansion with a classic 70's roots kit, an 80's rub a dub kit (Roots Radics style) and a modern reggae kit. Don't miss the timbales with this one.

I agree about tom/kick expansion sets that was mentioned earlier, it'd be great to maybe go across decades from the 70s to modern with a few sets of toms each, maybe each decade could be it's own pack even. More damped options in the expansions themselves rather than using the damping feature in BFD, it'd be great to have more damped toms, snares & kicks.

Bug fix - It wasn't always this way but when selecting output channels I can change any channel's setting but it only changes the selected channel's output. If I change HH output but the Kick is selected then the kick output is the one that changes. I'm sure that I used to be able to just run along the bottom of the channels and change all outputs, can't do that anymore, not sure if that's something that many others experience or not. It's been this way for a while now. I think that in general, people find FXPansion to be slow on bug fixes, it'd be great to see the company turn this around. I've been using BFD since the first version and it's a little annoying at times with bug fixes being so slow. It's good to know that there's a future for BFD, with recent talk that's been going on from some people. I love Tremor too but not including it in BFD is the right thing, don't let it die though!

DMG68 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:51 pm The choice to demo expansions would be great, even with a reduced velocity set. It'd be great to load up the sounds and be able to work with them to know if an expansion really works for you or not.
i believe it's already possible with BFD3?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:18 pm
DMG68 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:51 pm The choice to demo expansions would be great, even with a reduced velocity set. It'd be great to load up the sounds and be able to work with them to know if an expansion really works for you or not.
i believe it's already possible with BFD3?
Yeah, demos with reduced velocities have been available for a while.

I’m out of touch, thanks for the info. I had no idea :oops:

Yeah we've got that in the demo packs panel. I still need to add all the newest packs to it - I'll get that done over the coming months.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Cheaper prices on expansions :shrug:

Also, maybe à la carte kit pieces/packs e.g a 3, 5, or 7 snare pack that allows us to pick from a range of pieces to make up our own bespoke expansions

BFD is excellent. I am glad you are seeking feedback.

One (probably unsolvable) issue is that I can't get my synths to sound like they were recorded in the same room as the drums. I wish there was a reverb effect that I could send my other instruments to that would match the ambience of the drums.

I would like to have some drum machine kits even though that's not BFD's focus.

I wish most MIDI performances consisted of 4 bar loops from songs that naturally flowed from one to the other -- several loops for a sparse intro, followed by loops for the verses, followed by more intense chorus loops, etc.

Frantz wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:58 pm One (probably unsolvable) issue is that I can't get my synths to sound like they were recorded in the same room as the drums. I wish there was a reverb effect that I could send my other instruments to that would match the ambience of the drums.
IRs of the drum rooms would be nice.

yellowmix wrote:
IRs of the drum rooms would be nice.
They did that with the original BFD/El Dorado content. That was the only one though.

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:10 am https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/bfd3-solo/s-j7BMI

Youlean Loudness Meter Export DARK.png
Gonna need a little more context for that post mah d00d! :party:

Return to “Instruments”