GRANULIZER 2 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Granulizer 2

gran2BannerBF.jpg
GRANULIZER 2 is a granular synthesis software synthesizer intended for creative sound design. It features a very versatile DSP engine that is able to deliver a wide sound palette, with sounds varying from metallic crunch and grainy fuzziness to smooth reverb-like tones, spectral widening or chaotic soundscapes.

Features
  • High quality audio engine that performs time-stretching, pitch-shifting, granular resynthesis and spectrum manipulation
  • Diffusion effect for wide droney sounds (think spectral reverb)
  • Spectral Shaping
  • Frequency shifter for atonal variations
  • Grain warping
  • Control over subtle randomization of certain internal parameters ("Magic" knob)
  • High quality diffusion delay effect for droney soundscapes
  • Waveform view with loop selection, zoom in / out
  • A portable and intuitive preset system
  • Explanatory on-screen tooltips on mouse hover over the parameters.
  • Minimal, clean UI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnBNjg__-6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzWGhnN-rI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

first, congratulations!

second a VERY short play.

- a first bummer, i cannot drag and drop samples via Studio One, didnt test other DAWs
https://i.imgur.com/ZMx2YHj.gifv

- is there no visual feedback? no position? this is what i love about granular synths, a big bummer if not :/

ok i have to go for now
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Congrats on the V2 & Win-Osx release! :clap:

Following!

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm first, congratulations!

- a first bummer, i cannot drag and drop samples via Studio One, didnt test other DAWs

- is there no visual feedback? no position? this is what i love about granular synths, a big bummer if not :/

ok i have to go for now
Hello Caine123 and thanks for the feedback!
Drag n Drop is supported, we have not tested with Studio One though. We will get back to you about that as soon as possible.
Visual feedback is included in the upcoming features!

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:45 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm first, congratulations!

ok i have to go for now
Hello Caine123 and thanks for the feedback!
Drag n Drop is supported, we have not tested with Studio One though. We will get back to you about that as soon as possible.
Visual feedback is included in the upcoming features!
Drag & drop works like a charm in Ableton Live, just so you know.

As for the visuel feedback, you still can set a zone/loop points to see where the granulation will take place. This device is great and begs for granular experimentation, you should really start focusing on the positive Caine123 and not just the 'what's not working' or 'it doesn't have what I want'.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Win 10 only?

Looks very interesting. I'm on Win7 (will pass to win10 next year) but I try to see if the demo works.

On another note, I personally think you should really include links to you website in the OP and your forum signature as well, like all the other devs do after all.
Last edited by Niowiad on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 pmWin 10 only?
It works with Win7, 64bit, FL Studio 20... also drag & drop works well.
yzcoruhT

After tinkering around with it for a bit i've noticed it's quite a CPU Hog at times i have an i7 3770k and it uses around 15% to 20% on a patch, then when dialing in the dry/wet on the fx section it went up to almost 40%, that's with energy saving disabled. Then i've tried to reset to the Init patch and it crashed my host locking up my ASIO driver. I'm on Windows 10 64bit. I've tried to simply reproduce the crash, but not sure what has caused it. I had one of the presets loaded and dragged in a flac file from my sample collection, played around with that for a while and then loaded Init.

It sounds fantastic though. :)

Seems the high CPU usage is linked to the density combined with the effects. Lowering the density will tone it down.

nitex wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:18 pm After tinkering around with it for a bit i've noticed it's quite a CPU Hog at times i have an i7 3770k and it uses around 15% to 20% on a patch, then when dialing in the dry/wet on the fx section it went up to almost 40%, that's with energy saving disabled. Then i've tried to reset to the Init patch and it crashed my host locking up my ASIO driver. I'm on Windows 10 64bit. I've tried to simply reproduce the crash, but not sure what has caused it. I had one of the presets loaded and dragged in a flac file from my sample collection, played around with that for a while and then loaded Init.

It sounds fantastic though. :)

Seems the high CPU usage is linked to the density combined with the effects. Lowering the density will tone it down.

We try to think of GRANULIZER 2 as an actual instrument. What you can and can't do you will find out by experimenting with it. Yes, CPU can be stressed under specific settings, but we decided to let parameters go to the extreme for CPUs that can handle that. You can find detailed information in the manual. Feel free to contact us
here https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/contact/ with any bugs that you may run into so that we can resolve them asap!

Niowiad wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 pm Looks very interesting. I'm on Win7 (will pass to win10 next year) but I try to see if the demo works.

On another note, I personally think you should really include links to you website in the OP and your forum signature as well, like all the other devs do after all.
+1 where do I download the demo?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm
Niowiad wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 pm Looks very interesting. I'm on Win7 (will pass to win10 next year) but I try to see if the demo works.

+1 where do I download the demo?
https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... nulizer-2/ on the right sidebar you'll see a "Try it out" button. Click it and it'll show you the available downloads.

Double :wink: (ISS beat me on the demo link)

Thank you for your suggestions. The signature is much more useful now, hopefully :)

Return to “Instruments”