Presonus Studio One Pro 4

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caine123 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:13 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:01 pm
kevvvvv wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:22 pmWith the new Impact XT and the new midi Patterns editing options, and the new Chord Track with its Harmonic Editing I feel that S1 suddenly offers a lot more, virtually overnight. Possibly groundbreaking - don't know. Other DAW users will tell me.
That's very true! It's funny how the just-announced Cubase 10 takes a lot of cues from S1 now, trying to add lots of functionality for beat makers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAEnUxhyJo
Wow is this really new for cubase users? If so better late then never but embarassing for such a known company.
Cubase is one of the oldest on the market. Do you think these stuff are really new for cubase 10 and they stole it from studio 1?? Use your logic. You guys are bunch of bozos

A lot of Cubase new features (pictures of the VST from a snapshot of the plug in, and yes, drag and drop to load a plug in) are new and were in studio one before.

All DAWs copy from each other, did you know the Studio One team were all origonaly the Steinberg team! (And the Bitwig team were originally on the Live team)

Being one of the oldest can often bad news for software, lots of old legacy code and working methods - Studio One launched with the big idea of one window with the bottom section switching between an editor and a mixer and a sidebar with pictures of the VSTs that you drag and drop on to the project....that was about seven years ago when Cubase was all pop up mindoes and lists....there is no doubt to me (as someone who uses both) that Cubase is now a lot more like Studio One in appearance, but they both still have a lot of unique features so people can still prefer one or the other.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I got into S1 because I got a copy of 3 Artist with a PreSonus interface. I added a Faderport 8 to the mix and upgraded to 3 Pro and the combination is a complete game changer. It’s easily the best home studio setup I’ve ever used and S1 is simply perfect. It does what you need it to do. I think it’s butt ugly but I don’t a buy a DAW to look good. Perfection at last.

Yeh, it’s odd that when Yamaha bought Steinberg they seemed to stop making hardware for Cubase....faderport 8, atom etc are great products. Ps I think S1 is the best looking DAW at HiDPI but I guess it’s all personal taste, I loved the new look when V3 and out, others hated it....Cubase seems to have the same issues, some love the look and others (like me) find it a bit cluttered and it is not useable in HiDPI (even Steinberg seem to concede that!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Thanks for the video Musiksculp.

The big problem of Cubase, not at all ergonomic and the use is not very simple.

Studio One Pro 4, seems very ergonomic and a grip rather logical and is not cluttered as can be for example Cubase.

Using both, Studio One and Cubase, until recently I clearly prefered Studio One. But this has changed since Studio One is not supportive of the latest midi keyboard Integration frameworks. All major midi keyboards are offering deeper midi integration (Akai, NI, Arturia, Novation). For me Komplete Kontrol MK2 in combination with NKS is a game changer in how I can work with supported virtual instruments, e.g. Repro 1/5, V Collection, the whole NI stuff and many others. It is so much more convenient in comparison to manual Midi Learn, it even comes close to Spectrasonic hardware integration. Especially since DAW control also is tightly integrated. Unfortunately not in Studio One 4 Pro. I dont know whether Presonus is to blame or the keyboard vendors. But what I know is that Presonus seems reluctant to do anything about this, going so far as to delete respective postings in their forums. Too bad, as S1 is a fab DAW. But in this respect they clearly are lagging behind!

Here's an S1 hot tip just out from marcus huyskens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tpmnkH ... Jxh4oI%3A6

Do you find it so incredibly boring when having to name all your tracks and parts prior to mixdown.

Marcu's fast solution is amazing - and I never knew :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

That is another example of why if I ever leave Cubendo it is to Studio One Pro. Written by former SB Cubendo coders it is so similar I find. Including above, exactly how you do it in Cubendo.
rsp
sound sculptist

i used cubase maybe when it was Cubase 3 or 4 for some days but didnt start music then. so i never used it since then i jumped on fl studio years ago.
any cubase people/studio one people who can tell if cubase has some serious advantages over studio one?

it seems with cubase 10 it got less clunky, more drag and drop etc. finally....

no bashings please, in the end everyone needs to find his/her workflow
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Trancer wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:38 am Thanks for the video Musiksculp.

The big problem of Cubase, not at all ergonomic and the use is not very simple.

Studio One Pro 4, seems very ergonomic and a grip rather logical and is not cluttered as can be for example Cubase.
That is one of the big advantages of being able to start with a blank sheet of paper as the Studio One team did....

Caine123 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:25 pm i used cubase maybe when it was Cubase 3 or 4 for some days but didnt start music then. so i never used it since then i jumped on fl studio years ago.
any cubase people/studio one people who can tell if cubase has some serious advantages over studio one?

it seems with cubase 10 it got less clunky, more drag and drop etc. finally....

no bashings please, in the end everyone needs to find his/her workflow
Cubase has some serious advantages over studio one, and visa versa! Fortunately both have a full demo, (Cubase 9.5 and 10 are very similar if the 10 demo isn't out yet, they normally do a bug fix release before they put the demo out....that tell you something!)

A demo is the ONLY way to work out which one suits the way you work, other than that is just lists (like features on a car, ABS, sat nav, heated seat...the fact is you have to test drive to see if it suits the way you drive, people opinions are very bias to their needs and seen many people say A is better than B and the switch to B themselves 6 months latter!)

FrankT wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:52 am Using both, Studio One and Cubase, until recently I clearly prefered Studio One. But this has changed since Studio One is not supportive of the latest midi keyboard Integration frameworks. All major midi keyboards are offering deeper midi integration (Akai, NI, Arturia, Novation). For me Komplete Kontrol MK2 in combination with NKS is a game changer in how I can work with supported virtual instruments, e.g. Repro 1/5, V Collection, the whole NI stuff and many others. It is so much more convenient in comparison to manual Midi Learn, it even comes close to Spectrasonic hardware integration. Especially since DAW control also is tightly integrated. Unfortunately not in Studio One 4 Pro. I dont know whether Presonus is to blame or the keyboard vendors. But what I know is that Presonus seems reluctant to do anything about this, going so far as to delete respective postings in their forums. Too bad, as S1 is a fab DAW. But in this respect they clearly are lagging behind!
Given that Presonus is a big company developing music studio hardware and has been for many years now. It does have the money and development resources for them to bring out their own keyboards and introduce / integrate existing and new protocols for their existing line of products..... actually that's giving me ideas... :D...but in any case... my point is, why bother pandering to others when they can develop something better.. :)

You can communicate with Presonus and their employees outside the forum, email isn't dead yet and you have the various social networks such as FB, to communicate your ideas to them directly. As for that forum...actually I'll stop there...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Are they going to have some deals? I was checking, and it seems there are no deals (at least for upgrades).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:04 pm Are they going to have some deals? I was checking, and it seems there are no deals (at least for upgrades).
I am looking to upgrade from S1 3.5 to V4 so am looking for a deal.
Best so far is Now £65.00 at which is about $88. Hoping for $75 or less. Is this hopeless?
https://www.inta-audio.com/presonus-stu ... oad-p11495

fmr wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:04 pm Are they going to have some deals? I was checking, and it seems there are no deals (at least for upgrades).
I dunno, but Notion 6 looks to of had a price discount... if you own Studio One 3 or 4 Pro, which is quite enticing from how much it usually costs.

https://shop.presonus.com/Notion-6
Already own Studio One Professional version 3 or 4? Get Notion 6 for a special reduced price!
£42.00
*Price includes applicable taxes*Price includes applicable taxes
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”