Relab VSR S24 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kiezum wrote: -Eventide Fission: reverb on the tonal or transient part of the sound
MTurboReverb loaded into MXXX can do this too, as can all their multiband plugins on their own.

Or just roll your on with a couple of transient shapers and your verb of choice
Amazon: why not use an alternative

kiezum wrote:The past few days I've been trying the Relab plugins, but I'm a bit disappointed. The sound is great (recent reverb plugins all sound great), but the user interface is inconvenient (especially preset loading).
I agree about the preset system, but what else did you not like about the UI?

About the sound, to me the early reflections sound almost like a convolution reverb, but with all the flexibility of an algorithmic reverb. Very different from the Exponential Audio reverbs, even though in a mix the difference isn’t that obvious.
Last edited by Stollmeister on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Months ago the Relab guys were talking about building a preset browser, so I'm hoping we eventually see one. The browsing experience is the biggest drawback of their plugins.

True but I have the feeling that it was years ago. Honestly I have lost any hope.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Stollmeister wrote: I agree about the preset system, but what else did you not like about the UI?
that obvious.
The 480 plugin is very cryptic with all those buttons and three letter 'words'. The VSR S24 has a clearer ui, but not as good as Fabfilter or Exponential Audio.

I don't really understand that marketing plan, which uses reference of the VSS3 or / and System 6000... I must confess, that since i've lost my XL960, i'm using LX480 in every single session but that strange beast VSR24 is more than strange.... Though, sounding good, it doesn't even closely compare to VSS3 or Sys6000.

I've installed the demo 3 times, but i can't find the VST.
Is this thing [derp] AU only????

from the website...
• Any VST, AU or AAX compatible host application
no other information ANYWHERE

[EDIT] ok ok... you need to select "AU" in the installer or it doesn't install the VST... [derp] makes sense. Must be why they're at the top of their game [derp].

The Relab VSR S24 just sounds incredible! I don't get these amazing early reflections from any other virtual plug-in currently out there. Not even the VSS3 sounds that good (yeah, I know). But this is also a matter of taste. I also think the interface is very straightforward and also beautiful. Wouldn't call it a beast.
Anyone who has worked with on of the TC 6000 systems will get along immediately and know what's going on.

25%, 30%... come on Relab, have a real sale and fix your lame UX

Everglide wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:56 am 25%, 30%... come on Relab, have a real sale and fix your lame UX
The truth is that you wouldn't buy it even if it's -50% on sale. Everyone can tell that from your response..

:clap:

Nonikoff wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 am it doesn't even closely compare to VSS3
That's because VSR S24 emulates the VSS6.1 and not the VSS3. :wink:

Rat 41 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Nonikoff wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 am it doesn't even closely compare to VSS3
Why would one need emulation of an existing plugin?

Nonikoff wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:36 pm
Rat 41 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Why would one need emulation of an existing plugin?
Both are existing hardware, first and foremost. Later on TC Electronic released VSS3 for TDR I think, and only recently for VST. In the meantime, Relab released VSS 6.1 as a VST, TC Electronic didn't.

Return to “Effects”