Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:10 pm
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:51 am Or use a batch convert function such as in FLStudio, DirectWave, Freestyle, Bliss to multisample it
Yep, that's what I'll probably do after getting it,
VariKusBrainZ - what occurred to me whilst thinking about the ap is that I'm likely looking at it far too simplisticly - it would indeed have to be multisampled to begin to capture it's true essence - a single note (sample) likely wouldn't really represent it.
Yup, load it in a VST subhost, setup your automation and and then auto multisample it.
I do this sometimes to create multisamples of synths with VST effect chains.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

fmr wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 am
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 am So: I take it that user audio files are imported into a folder in CMI V untouched? My guess then is that it either creates a copy of the sample that is used in the associated preset; or a separate data file for the preset (SF creates a separate metadata file for every audio file that's manipulated using it)
Not quite. If you are working in your own presets, CMI V reads the samples wherever you have them, and doesn't move or modify them. You create a preset, which is a file with instructions about how to play the samples, and which samples will be loaded, and where from (pretty much like with any other sampler).

ONLY if/when you export presets (or banks of presets), will CMI V create an encapsulated file which contains both the presets AND the audio samples (which is understandable, otherwise, those who will import the presets/banks would not play the presets as they are supposed to be played, if they would not get the samples also). When the exported banks are imported back into CMI V at the destination user, the samples will then be stored at the location I wrote before (Program Data\Arturia\Samples\CMI V\User).
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 am The reason why I bring that up is that I actually read that user audio was embedded into the software on import, but that may have meant just in the preset itself - it didn't 'disappear' into the software (which really doesn't make any sense)
As I said, CMI V (or Synclavier V for that matter, since it also uses samples and performs resynthesis too, now) doesn't embed the samples, It simply creates presets that point to the samples. Those are loaded into RAM when the corresponding presets are called.
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:31 am So: resynthesized waves would be what I'm interested in exporting from the CMI V, fmr. Thanks again!
If that's what you are looking for, you will get not one, but two instruments that perform resynthesis, with somehow different methods (CMI V and Synclavier V).

The Synclavier V will even crate what you could call wavetables since it creates a different waveform in each "node" (using additive synthesis) and morphs between the nodes. That's how Synclavier V creates its sounds through resynthesis, so, it is very much the same as a wavetable (with the difference that you can manually place each node wherever you want in a timeline, which means that you can have different wave evolutions from node to node.
Beautiful, fmr! What you've posted has been of significant help to me - thanks!

I must say that just thinking about the Synclavier soft for a sec: it seems as though it is more flexible then a typical wavetable synth (which steps through waveforms of a fixed length) - you have what sounds like almost complete freedom as to waveform timeline length -

A logical question would be if there are other soft wavetable synths that can traverse through a series of waves of radically different lengths; although in fairness: w/o resynthesis to an additive synth model, you can build complex wavetables with waveforms that won't necessarily 'line up' with the harmonic series (noise as an example)

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:30 pm A logical question would be if there are other soft wavetable synths that can traverse through a series of waves of radically different lengths; although in fairness: w/o resynthesis to an additive synth model, you can build complex wavetables with waveforms that won't necessarily 'line up' with the harmonic series (noise as an example)
Actually this is what the wave sequencing in the Korg Wavestation was/is able to do.
With Wavestation you could have up to 256 steps where each step could be a longer sample or a single cycle wave and for each step you could set the tuning (semitones + fine tune), volume, length and crossfade amount (crossfading with the next wave/sample).

I have no clue why that way of doing wave seqencing is not possible in most modern wavetable synths (or actually in none of them...). The Wavestation and the corresponding technology is available since 1990 which was 28 years ago...
Would be cool to have a wavetable synth that is capable of using both "classic" wavetables and wave sequencing like in the Wavestation.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:36 pm
goldenanalog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:30 pm A logical question would be if there are other soft wavetable synths that can traverse through a series of waves of radically different lengths; although in fairness: w/o resynthesis to an additive synth model, you can build complex wavetables with waveforms that won't necessarily 'line up' with the harmonic series (noise as an example)
Actually this is what the wave sequencing in the Korg Wavestation was/is able to do.
With Wavestation you could have up to 256 steps where each step could be a longer sample or a single cycle wave and for each step you could set the tuning (semitones + fine tune), volume, length and crossfade amount (crossfading with the next wave/sample).

I have no clue why that way of doing wave seqencing is not possible in most modern wavetable synths (or actually in none of them...). The Wavestation and the corresponding technology is available since 1990 which was 28 years ago...
Would be cool to have a wavetable synth that is capable of using both "classic" wavetables and wave sequencing like in the Wavestation.
Thanks for adding to this discussion, Ingonator! I'm a fan of yours; of fmr's (what he's brought up here about both the Arturia CMI and Synclavier softs has been invaluable to me!) - I gotta mention wagtunes as well: he always causes me to think; maybe look at things from somewhat of a different perspective -

So what you're saying, Ingonator: I would label an argument *in favor* of resurrecting the wavestation at minimum; and the synthesis method more generally! It's a legitimately useful way of producing sounds, is it not? Then TG that Korg had the wherewithall to bring it to the iPad - where it exists as both a standalone app; and a gadget within Korg's ever-expanding DAW-like ecosystem.

This perhaps would also be a fair argument in favor of Arturia doing what in this context looks like the useful thing of bringing retro versions of keyboards like the NED Synclavier and CMI II+ - they both have a type or flavor of synthesis that's somewhat lost in the present day - it *is* really astonishing to think about wave sequencing almost being an anachronism versus having a 2018 version of it available now from Korg - I associate the Wavestation distinctively as iconic Korg technology (although it actually came from SCI in a buyout, true?) like I associate FM with Yanaha; or wavetable synthesis with Dr. Palm.

Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but had a question.

I don't own any V Collection. If I buy V Collection 6 from someone at KVR Sell & Buy forum (full version, not upgrade), will the license be NFR?

I am really getting interested in this, but thought to check this first.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:26 am Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but had a question.

I don't own any V Collection. If I buy V Collection 6 from someone at KVR Sell & Buy forum (full version, not upgrade), will the license be NFR?

I have bought Arturia Collection V5 and it didn't became NFR. At least I could see the proper full license in my MyArturia account. Though I am no planning to update in the near feature - since V5 has all the synths I am basically want and need from Arturia.

walltone wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:57 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:26 am Sorry for bumping up this old thread, but had a question.

I have bought Arturia Collection V5 and it didn't became NFR. At least I could see the proper full license in my MyArturia account. Though I am no planning to update in the near feature - since V5 has all the synths I am basically want and need from Arturia.
Alright, thanks a lot. Looks like it is good to go ahead with the second-hand purchase when I have the money.

I would appreciate some more confirmations though, especially from those who have bought the full version second-hand at KVR. Just to ensure consistency from account to account.

Thanks!

Ask Arturia
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:05 pm Ask Arturia
Okay, submitted a request through their website form to clarify it. Thanks!

:tu:

Fantastic support. Got response in just a matter of few hours.
You can buy a second hand license but it needs to be a "full commercial" version and once you register the license under your account it it will remains "full commercial".

Please notice that NFR means Not For Resale, so you can not buy a NFR license.

Our virtual instruments are protected by the Arturia Software Center.

To allow a legit use, the instrument license must be registered to your Arturia account.
Once registered to an account, a license can be activated on your computer(s) from the Arturia Software Center.
Aloysius :tu:

:party:

Hello all, I am really trying to like the CMI V and need some help with the demo.

How can I audition user samples via the sample browser please?

Browing files through the explorer is not that great..actually it terrifies me.

Would that be a demo limitation?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure of which sample browser you are talking about. The CMI V browser only browses through the factory samples, and those play when you click them. But I can describe my working method (I mainly work with external samples):

1. Click the small folder at left of the slot. The traditional system file dialog opens
2. Navigate to the folder that contains the samples you want
3. Click the sample file with the right mouse button. The context menu has an option "Play"
4. Choose that option, The default system file player opens that file. In MY case, i defined Windows Media Player, which opens fast.
5. The file plays through Windows Media Player. When you find the right file, click Open in the dialog box, and the file will be loaded into CMI V.
Fernando (FMR)

Hello Fernando, thanks for your response.

Yes I have explored this method and I really don't like it.

Is there any way to have my personal samples visible and available in the integrated browser of CMI?

Unless it is simply a case of dumping my samples in THAT specific folder (not ideal but I will try).

Anyhow it looks like this is not really possible but will look at options. Thanks

Return to “Instruments”