Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

a.cla.dio wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 am
Cubehog wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:16 am It is not hardware look-a-like hipster stuff and maybe that´s why it doesn´t get the recognition it deserves imho.
i think that VM is DEFINITELY hardware "look-a-like" ! the whole point of VM is the interface. otherwise reaktor block sounds much better! (and probably softube modular too)
I think some people needs desperately to justify themselves the money they spent :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Hi Acla.odio,

I own softube, with all modules except heartbeat, and it cost to me a lot more than Vm, and I have bought the softube with a lot of modules very cheap at the marketplace.
I have paid Vm for 99$, same for the PSP ultimate package. I have bought the turing machine and the low pass gate from Vult.
I plan to buy more modules.
Since I have bought it, PSP add, free, 2 modules, cherry audio one module.
The comb, the phaser and the allpass filter miss in the softube modular package and the PSP are high quality.

The midi out in Vm is just awesome for me and allows me to sequence easily a lot of vsti or hardware per channels.
I own reaktor, but with the new voltage filter or the Vult module, I don't think the sound of Vm is under reaktor, you should try the new vult modules or the new ms20 filter, i'm pretty sure,
You will change your mind.
In reaktor, a lot of third part modules sound like crap, for me, a lot are very great too.

I love Vcv, and Solorack too, but now, after use and abuse of Voltage modular, it's impossible for me , to come back to them when I want a eurorack, in the box, environment.

I regret to have bought softube modular, but with the ilok fees, I prefer to wait for modular 2 and see what they will bring to the table.

But I didn't regret my Voltage modular acquisition, I understand, with all modules, the price can grow up quickly, and not everybody is ready or can spend that money, but it doesn't change the quality of Vm.
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:55 am But I didn't regret my Voltage modular acquisition, I understand, with all modules, the price can grow up quickly, and not everybody is ready or can spend that money, but it doesn't change the quality of Vm.
Peopke keep arguing about the "quality" of VM. I already saw that talking about Softube Modular. In the end, everyone failed when trying to demonstrate what kind of "quality" those have when compared with Reaktor Blocks and/or VCV. At least in Softube Modular you get some not often seen modules, while in VM not even that can be said (righ now, the offer is still plain "vanilla")

And the latter (Blocks and VCV) give you an insane amount of options in terms of modules, that I'm convinced none of the former will EVER equal. And, even you buy ALL the paid options in VCV (which you will hardly need to) you will not spend anything like what you are already asked to in VM. And it's likely that the scenario will get worse as time goes by.

Anyway, good luck to the adopters. I guess there's space for everyone. Having options is always good :tu:
Last edited by fmr on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

I insist that Vult releases his as a pack with a discount.
Please :)

Bought his Vcv pack when it came out. $20 I think and just packed with awesome modules.
With Voltage that will get you one of his modules.

Someone shoukd develope a Vcv to Voltage wrapper :p
Amazon: why not use an alternative

The best quality of Vm is the workflow and the CPU performance.
I agree, today, we have the choice and it's a good thing. All this itb modular wasn't imaginable some years ago.
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 pm All this itb modular wasn't imaginable some years ago.
Not true.
Ive been using modular software synths for around 20 years and I was late to the software party :hihi:

You're right!
Best
YY

Woot!!

Vult bundle is available at discounted price

Whinge and ye shall receive :)

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:05 am Woot!!

Vult bundle is available at discounted price

Whinge and ye shall receive :)
:o Thanks for the heads up! :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I love the ms-20 sound but not very enthousiastic about the old Korg emulation. I'd love someone like U-he, Xils or Arturia would do a ms-20 emulation but no luck until now.

Would VM be a viable option to emulate the ms-20 sound and what would be the minimal investment (you can get the framework for free and just buy the modules you need).

^
Add Cytomic to the list of hopeful devs to join. I doubt it though.

Hopefully Vult's modules will sell well and encourage him to port more of his VCV modules.

The pure Voltage Modular base platform is free of cost now.
Afaik comes without any modules though, so people interested in going with an à la carte approach should carefully do the math and consider the bundle prices in their calculation.

Might be interesting for specific scenarios where people only need a hand full of modules - but appreciate the option to have as many instances of those as they want.
Last edited by NothanUmber on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

NothanUmber wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am The pure Voltage Modular base platform is free of cost now.
Nice, they have been demonstrating recently that they listen to their customers :tu:

They need to differentiate themselves as much as possible from the competition

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:59 am
NothanUmber wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am The pure Voltage Modular base platform is free of cost now.
Nice, they have been demonstrating recently that they listen to their customers :tu:

Agreed, high quality modules might be one way, unique features like sophisticated multichannel/poly support and focus on convenient handling another. They cannot beat "all for free" in pricing, but if it stays reasonable and offers benefits in quality, features and convenience, then they should be able to find a yet-unclaimed sweetspot that people would be willing to invest into.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:59 am

What they probably listened to was the developers that invested in their SDK, and are forced to sell the modules thorugh their channel. If there isn't a broader enough user base, the business will die right on the beginning.

What would be a good approach, IMO, would be a really cheap (like under $50) modular base, with the modules needed to plug other modules (like MIDI-to-CV, Ins and Outs) and maybe a simple VCO, VCF and VCA, envelope and LFO, just to let people get started, and know how things are done.

Then people would grow from there, with more complex oscillators, and filters, more complex modulators, sequencers, waveshapers, math modules, etc.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”