Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

cron wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm

IMO the bigger potential roadblock with BYOME right now is that the number of modulators is limited to (I think) 6.
No, not at all, I have made patches with 7 modulators and the “+“ sign on the right was still there. On other patches the "+" sign disappeared when using seven modulators, so maybe there a certain combination will limit the amount, the dev would have to enlighten us.

cron wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 pm
exmatproton wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:46 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:44 am Molekular only has up to four FX modules per patch, BYOME as many as you like. Molekular can induce a lot of latency, depending on the modules used.
Not exactly. I ran into a wall with the amount of modules that are possible. Didn't count them, but there is a max. Surely a lot more compared to molekular. 2 different beasts, if you ask me. They complement eachother quite well :)
I tested the limits when I first got BYOME and found I was able to keep adding processing modules way beyond what personally I'd consider useful. I didn't even reach the limit before I thought "OK, that's definitely enough" so I'm not sure what that limit actually is!

IMO the bigger potential roadblock with BYOME right now is that the number of modulators is limited to (I think) 6. They can really add up quickly once you start adding utility modules. The very simple sound example I posted a few pages back used (IIRC) three. One input follower, and two utility modules to clip the mod signal and make it exponential.
Ah yeah..i guess the limit i found was on the MODS indeed....my mistake

But 7 seems to be the max for modulators in most cases it seems.

Byomania is running wild!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

tried yesterday the major fix update from Plugin Alliance, but byome still crashes after adding 3-5 instances of byome :(

sacer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:04 am tried yesterday the major fix update from Plugin Alliance, but byome still crashes after adding 3-5 instances of byome :(
bummer - I can run dozens of instances on Reaper/win10 so the limit is not intrinsic to byome

Have you checked the version number, that it actually updated? I ran the installer in the evening here (12 hours ago) and nothing was updated, so they rolled it out just some hours ago probably.

There's an update?

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:18 am There's an update?
Yes on Main PA there's Update for almost the whole range announced. Apparently they fixed some crashes. I had many on loading / unloading and byome affecting max. But could not test it yet (see above)

dermage wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 amHave you checked the version number, that it actually updated? I ran the installer in the evening here (12 hours ago) and nothing was updated, so they rolled it out just some hours ago probably.
PA Installer doesn't check for what you already have installed, doesn't do updates, doesn't even activate your licenses. It just installs things. They're working on it, though.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 am
dermage wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:16 amHave you checked the version number, that it actually updated? I ran the installer in the evening here (12 hours ago) and nothing was updated, so they rolled it out just some hours ago probably.
PA Installer doesn't check for what you already have installed, doesn't do updates, doesn't even activate your licenses. It just installs things. They're working on it, though.
Yes, I know that. That's why I meant to check the version numbers in the plugins. Usually by clicking on the name label or on windows you can check the properties of the dll file. For me it said 1.0.0 still.

ran the installation manager....i got no update either. nor do i see reference to an update anywhere.
ImageImageImage

No neither do I and the installation 'manager' is no help as it doesn't tell you if what you have has updates or not or even version numbers/release dates.

Had an email yesterday from support saying that they would be rolling out the maintenance update across most plugins and they were just waiting for UA for their build. May be something went wrong. The post about the 4.7 update is on the homepage news section and on the support tab.

dermage wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:15 pm Had an email yesterday from support saying that they would be rolling out the maintenance update across most plugins and they were just waiting for UA for their build. May be something went wrong. The post about the 4.7 update is on the homepage news section and on the support tab.

sorry i am confused. byome is at version 1.0 what is the 4.7 update for?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Effects”