Soundtheory GULLFOSS computional auditory perception EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

fmr wrote:OK, here is what is written, followed with my questions:

Gullfoss works by automatically adjusting its settings in real-time according to the audible features of the input signal, providing quick and precise fixes for issues that would otherwise be unsolvable or require a lot of time and experience to resolve.

What is “fixed”, how and why? According to what principles? That’s what I’d like to know. They say nothing about that (or am I missing something?).

While the technology behind Gullfoss involves intricate analysis and complex mathematical algorithms, Soundtheory has created an easy-to-use tool for everyone from the amateur musician to the professional mastering engineer. Its clean user interface offers a set of basic parameters that can be adjusted to improve the clarity, detail, spatiality and balance of a mix or recording in a matter of seconds. Gullfoss is even capable of fixing balancing issues between different sound elements without access to the individual tracks.

The set of parameters is “clean” and “basic” indeed. Too clean and basic, I’d say. It doesn’t leave much control to the user. So, it’s kind of a hit or miss option. We either like what it does or we don’t. There is no middle term, IMO. My main critic is that it seems it will make everything sound more or less equal, according to the model they implemented. Everything is automated, standardized, out of control, and I wonder if it is this what we “really” want? Again, I may be missing something.

Maybe I'm being a control maniac, but that’s what I am questioning myself about. I'd like to hear your opinions on this.
In the GS thread, the dev has mentioned a forthcoming Pro version that gives more controls. No telling when that will be available tho.

I cannot wait dor the win version. I love freiraum and also unfilter gives nice touches so i would love to check gullfoss with the other 2! Especially unfilter as freiraum is unique with the extra option though static.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

127 days till Black Friday...

By the way how do Oeksound Soothe and Gullfoss compare to each other? Is Gullfoss just as good at taming harshness and resonances?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

You still use Muzys? :o :D (and not even V3? :shock:)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Somebody knows about some Black Friday offer for this?

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am Somebody knows about some Black Friday offer for this?
They actually do!
Until monday it´s 23% off the usual price.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Come on PC version!

Still no PC version?
Winner of 15th HOFA Xmas Mix Contest - 2024
2nd place winner of Boz Digital Labs Intl. Mix Contest - 2016

PC Beta in December. Release in January.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yay!

Finally! I'm tired of rendering things and transferring to my Mac to use the damn thing! :lol:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Is there an intro price for the PC version?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:37 pm Is there an intro price for the PC version?
Yep, $99.
FAQ:
When we release the Windows version of Gullfoss there will be an Early Access phase that will last for a few months. Throughout Early Access the price will be $99 or equivalent (roughly half price). We expect that the Windows version will go through a number of periodic releases as we proactively deal with specific issues that are fed back by customers. This is very similar to the process after the launch of the Mac version in early 2018. Once the Windows version is completely stable we’ll announce the end of Early Access, and with one month’s warning, the price will revert to $199.

Return to “Effects”