One Synth Challenge #116: Triple Cheese (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also voted. Note: I had to slide my "average" down to 2 points to account for 3 tracks I thought were stand out for 5 points, this means if I gave you a 1, it wasn't at all because I didn't like your track, just a dense playing field.

Voted!
Some excellent tracks in there, the overall standard is very high in the OSC these days since I was last here!

Voted!!!

Fantastic tracks, great sounds. You guys get out great sounds out of the TC.
And i am happy to be back after the long time :)

Have a great day wherever you are
Kraftraum
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Voting is hard as making a track. I somehow managed to vote.

Voted too. Hard this time, for sure!
Nr 1 & 2 for me:

Taron (what an outstanding professional level of both synth-skills ,musicality and production! )
Schiing ( this took me away and away... very well out thought sounds ,nice mix, pleasing to listen to! )

The rest where also really good. Almost every track had it's "purpose" i'd say.

Very well done..

Not taking part on OSC117 since i am busy with other really cool stuff ,which really has upper prio for me now :)

Maybe, till OSC118 + ;)

Greetz!

Voted and commented all the tracks!

This is the biggest OSC I've ever joined! So many submissions, such varitey in jenres and styles. This time I kept my voting style and tried to avoid giving "1" to entries. There is many good ideas that lacks good production. Good luck everyone!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Voted!

Thanks for the shout-out, trancemaster!

Excellent round. Very top-end-heavy score this time, but I'm okay with that - I'd say it's richly deserved. So hard to place the points - I always search for a certain kind of logic, a kind of symmetry to the score, but there isn't one.

A few of the very competent tracks get a lower score because I feel the composer could do better, some of the less competent get a higher score because I thought the composer did very well within his or her limitations. So glad I'm not a professional music critic - in so many ways grading music doesn't make any sense to me at all.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Voted

voted. what a great round! i also had to spread the vote and my lowest scores given (2) are all for good tracks with lots of good qualities.
i have too many 5's as well but all are well deserved imho. I would have made good use of a 10 point range this month, that's for sure!
a real pleasure listening to all your tracks - thanks all and good luck :hyper:

Voted!
Great round, many great entries, and several really outstanding :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, soundcloud is being a bit of a pain. Half the time it just won't let me add comments. Will keep trying though.

Voted! Really interesting and varied entries this month -- which speaks to both the creative possibilities of Triple Cheese and the varied talents of the participants! I really enjoyed that the tracks seem to be moving away from the EDM style into a much wider variation. Also, congratulations to those of you who went out on a limb and made some bold choices in style and composition. As a group, you all inspire me to try to be more creative in future OSC's. Good luck to all.

Voted
Apology for not responding to comments n SC, my I tnternet is still sketchy at best, its only been 3 and 1\2 months since it started going wrong :(
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

voted.

I voted and I see too many people completely missing the point of enjoying and learning from music, because it’s an OSC entry.

I’ll let you learn your own conclusions but this should be explicitly stated:

Primarily make music for meaningful reasons. Competition can warp the insecure.

It’s often easier to be valuable with constructive feedback when you are specific.
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm I voted and I see too many people completely missing the point of enjoying and learning from music, because it’s an OSC entry.
I'm sorry if I'm missing the obvious here, but are you primarily thinking from a music/production perspective or how people deal with criticism? It's just that I can't really see how one can spot that someone is "missing the point of enjoying and learning from music" from their music. :neutral:
574X wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm I’ll let you learn your own conclusions but this should be explicitly stated:

Primarily make music for meaningful reasons. Competition can warp the insecure.
There are so many layers of meaningfulness, though. I find meaning (and learning) in all kinds of stuff - in expanding my palette creating stuff that's unique and new to me... in honing my craft creating stuff in a more familiar territory. I find meaning in exploring production methods as well as in the music itself. Sometimes I'm enjoying the process more than anything in the world - other times I'm thinking this is the last time I'm putting myself through the torture of making music.

Sometimes I start a track by improvising on the piano, other times by filling in dots in a sequencer - other times still from a production angle - these aspects always meet up eventually, but I usually don't know if it's "meaningful" until I have a result - or sometimes months later. And even if the result is a hodgepodge, the process may have been meaningful! And I'm always learning something!

But I definitely agree that everyone should always make the music they want to make, and not cater to other people's expectations.
574X wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:16 pm It’s often easier to be valuable with constructive feedback when you are specific.
Very true.
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Return to “Instruments”