Youtube music production tutorials

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

Sometimes I am bored and check those music production tutorials on youtube, how to make this sound, how to make that sound, how to mix this, how to mix that, etc. And what Ive noticed, besides that 60% of tutorial video owners are not up to the task, no experience what so ever, but what is the funniest and weirdest thing is that 90% of them use cracked software (synths, fxs and daws) and they dont give a d4mn.

Why doesnt youtube and devs do something about it? To me its like promoting piracy as normal stuff.

Whats your opinion on this?

Thx

If I see pirated software in a tutorial, I send a link of the vid to the dev of that software.. IL may have received a mail or two from me :hihi:

HcDoom wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 amWhy doesnt youtube and devs do something about it?
Youtube gets an hour of video uploaded per second. Please feel free to explain how 'youtube and devs' are going to check that for indications of use of pirated software.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

edit : that should be 5 hours uploaded per second. 300 hours per minute.

@whyterabbyt - my colleague reported couple of vids to yt and devs long time ago and vids are still there? Explain that

HcDoom wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:01 pm @whyterabbyt - my colleague reported couple of vids to yt and devs long time ago and vids are still there? Explain that
What, instead of you expaining? Its not mine to explain. You want a specific explanation for a given instance of something not being pulled, ask someone actually involved with it.

You want us to explain why 'youtube and devs' dont track that stuff for themselves in amongst 500,000 of new hours of video per day, try convincing us that that would even be possible first.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hey, Im asking for opinions on this thing so I can refuse to engage with replies"

LOL, such frustrations, did I hit a nerve or something? :D Move on, pls...

HcDoom wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 pm LOL, such frustrations, did I hit a nerve or something?
#

What possible kind of nerve or frustrations? That's remarkably funny. You're proposing that I have some feeling of reponsibility for reviewing half a million hours of video footage per day? :hihi:

Seems like you're the one who had a nerve hit, given your response to a fairly simple and obvious explanation.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”