!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes. Anything past (but not including) Windows XP is fine; and on the macOS side, 10.7 or higher. Both 32-bit and 64-bit.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

My hat is ready to be eaten, raw, no garnish, if this comes out in 2018.

I literally do not believe it.

pinki wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm
I literally do not believe it.
I recall a few people having similar doubts around 2000 years ago, boy do they look foolish now
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Well it was said more in the tone of Rob Lowe in Parks and Recreation than any doubting Thomas. :)

But yes I'll take the fool's cap ...if Colin just stops and releases this thing!

Thanks, Andy. I took your comment in the spirit of what you intended (but I still do want to make you look the fool, if you get what I mean!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

pinki wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:02 pm Well it was said more in the tone of Rob Lowe in Parks and Recreation than any doubting Thomas. :)

But yes I'll take the fool's cap ...if Colin just stops and releases this thing!
I was just messing ;)

I have no doubts and believe this will be software of the decade, for me at least!

I like to take the piss though :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

BTW is the official name now Architect? I like it if it is.

Yes, it's the Epoch of Architecture... :-)

And just when I'm about to fly to London to teach Architects at the University about generative and algorithmic design... should be a very good omen! ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

i really like the way this is shaping up! i.imgur.com / QkuZj4l .png

so, are the ocd declared insane? i.imgur. com/ WLdGGMT.jpg

ThomasHelzle wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:44 pm Yes, it's the Epoch of Architecture... :-)

And just when I'm about to fly to London to teach Architects at the University about generative and algorithmic design... should be a very good omen! ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Interesting....Im just getting started with Opusmodus which talks a lot about algorithmic design in architecture as the brief for its way of creating music.

pinki wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 amInteresting....Im just getting started with Opusmodus which talks a lot about algorithmic design in architecture as the brief for its way of creating music.
Interesting. Yeah, for me it's actually all related. I transferred many of the things I learned in 3D to music and the other way around. I once wrote a set of procedural shaders for a 3D software called project:messiah ("AoN" - "Art of Noise") and later on, I took those same algorithms into Processing to write a generative midi system...

And all advanced systems tend to land in the realm of nodes at one point, since they offer the only sane method of dealing with complexity that still has a visual component that makes sense and has a structure humans can read. SideFX Houdini has that down perfectly, nodes that do stuff combined with nodes that hold snippets of code - since nodes at the atomic level get just plain annoying :-)

So yeah, let's see what Architect can do for architecture in the future :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Nodes....totally new to me and fascinating. Ta.

< 50 days
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

pinki wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:31 amInteresting....Im just getting started with Opusmodus which talks a lot about algorithmic design in architecture as the brief for its way of creating music.
I've studied both music and art formally, and I actually find visual design considerations (like balance, form, contrast, texture, foreground/background) considerably more useful than music theory for music production/composition.

Return to “Loomer”