Hive update plan

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tony10000 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:10 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:28 am The question is how many of the "EDM kiddies" actually own and use Hive.
My impression is that not many. Obviously Hive failed to reach its initial target. Otherwise there would be like 1 million preset banks for it, as there are for Sylenth or Spire or Serum (see the pattern on these? Hive needs a new name: something that starts with S :clown:).
You forgot MaSSive.
Change the name to Shive!

I agree that Hive's simplicity is important. But Urs already knows that. He's been stressing the importance of that the whole time. We asked for wavetables, and he gave us wavetables, some really great ones too. Plus some really cool Mod Matrix tweaks I've been having a blast with.

I could care less if the EDM crowd doesn't get it. I get it. Stay the course. In Urs I trust. :clap:

Hi,

I‘d like to respond to topic:

„What do we think about an interim "Hive 1.2 release in december?“

For my part: I really would appreciate this even if not everything planned for the future is available and I‘d happily take what Urs will offer!

I‘m probably a-typical as I’m no Hip-Hopper or EDM musician but use Hive as my main synth live in a coverband (and yes - it does a great job there).

The WT option is absolutely tasty and a great addon as it not only brings fresh material but furthermore lets me substitute other plugs like FM8, Serum or Viper (at lesst for me). This makes workflow much easier and switch times in between sounds shorter (which is a lot in a live situation).

I already use the beta release in my setup and beside some smaller niggles (you are already aware) does its job flawlessly. So a slightly optimized official version is warmly welcomed!

Finally: a big thanks to Urs & friends for constantly best service and always again surprising us with such terrific updates.

My 2 cent, humphrey :tu:
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pm So how about an interim "Hive 1.2" in December? With the new wavetables and presets that use them, with the new preset browser - but using the old skins? After that, we step it up to version 2.0 some time next year: New GUI, lots of new features, vastly expanded factory library, NKS... in fact all the stuff we planned but can't get done this year, plus a whole heap of more recent ideas!

What do you think?
I love the addition of wavetables and the power of the scripting. It will be good to have the wavetables nicely integrated into the present GUI this year, along with the new preset browser—anything else that would accompany a more comprehensive overhaul for 2.0 will be welcome whenever it arrives next year.

Urs wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:10 pm
surreal wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:14 am What would the extra features be in hive2
tl;dr More LFOs with a bit of joy from the West Coast.
Great! :tu:

Hi Urs, are you still going to do the tutorial on Formant Synthesis?

surreal wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 am Hi Urs, are you still going to do the tutorial on Formant Synthesis?
I'll try... just extremely busy with other stuff...

Thank you very much Urs :tu:

Late to the thread, but 100% happy about the game plan for a December release of Hive 1.2! Sounds great, love the work Urs and the team have put into it. Thank you, guys! Love the new options, and love that there will be even more in 2.0. But yes, please give us 1.2 soon (when it's ready of course), and don't worry about the folks who complain about it. I'm interested in the grand vision here, which is fantastic, and 1.2 is just a stop along the way. I'd rather get all the incremental goodness of 1.2 sooner than wait around for a year for the full 2.0 feature set!

Also a little late to the party (just came home from a long trip), but boy, was this a fun thread to read. :D I guess we again saw that no matter what you do and how well & pure & thought-out your intentions are, there will always be someone who acts like you just personally insulted them in the worst possible way.

To add my voice to the choir: Everything sounds good to me, I LOOOOVE the wavetables and the scripting language (and hopefully will soon have time to dive more into it), and I appreciate the hard efforts of everyone at u-he a great deal. It's always interesting to be able to peek a little into the design process and philosophy behind the products, and see how much thought and work goes into even the smallest details.

Any excuse to hold Zebra3 back another year! :lol:

Sound Author wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 pm I could care less if the EDM crowd doesn't get it.
So then you do care! :hihi:

Urs wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:01 pm Only recently we learned that a few years ago ACE became a "must have" in the dance scene for a single of its presets. Sometimes things go mysterious ways.
Funny to see that it was the "Ripper" preset, since I kind of gravitated to that one too, though not for anything dance-oriented. I found that mapping the mod wheel to (IIRC?) the crosstalk knob was great for bringing in dirt/chaos when desired while playing an aggressive lead.

Loving the wavetable addition to Hive, though. When additional waveforms were mentioned a long time ago, I assumed it would just be extra single spectral waveforms rather than scannable tables. Always a cool thing when you get more than you were expecting.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

So to clarify, official NKS support will now require a paid update?

jasco wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:53 am So to clarify, official NKS support will now require a paid update?
Yes.

(but to clarify: It's not the NKS support which drives cost for us. We could as well just release Hive 2.0 and then add NKS to a free update to Hive 2.1)

Return to “u-he”