Dark Forum Theme?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any news on the dark theme being available ? I tried the browser add-on, but even though it's dark, it's pretty ugly.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:52 pm Any news on the dark theme being available ? I tried the browser add-on, but even though it's dark, it's pretty ugly.
they just got the forum preferences straightened out, last time it took a bit for the dark forum option but it did come some please be patient :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Still no news about dark theme?

My work-around:
Put some sunglasses on 8)

Wow I miss the blue! And a month gone.

I'm always on late at night and it just ain't the same anymore. Like a deal breaker ..er even though there's no deal...

anyhow...

Any chance of the lovely old blue?

The real question is, when will the kvr forum migrate to Discourse? https://www.discourse.org/

:tu:

last time it took a while for the display switch to be created, please be patient...trust me I'm as anxious as anyone :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Regnas wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm The real question is, when will the kvr forum migrate to Discourse? https://www.discourse.org/

:tu:
That will be the death of KVR forums if that happens.

Discourse is like taking a well functioning website / forum, and taking a giant shit on it. It's a broken, ugly and slow system with infinite scrolling, lazy loading, and a terrible search system, designed by people who don't have a clue about practical user interface interaction design principals and conventions. One of the biggest computer graphic websites implemented it, it broke aspects of the previous one they had which are still not fixed, regular users hated it and left..., it also broke / changed user names / logins and accounts and thus practically nobody posts any threads or answers peoples questions there now.

But anyway... hoping for the dark scheme on KVR soon. :)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Discourse is like taking a well functioning website / forum, and taking a giant shit on it. It's a broken, ugly and slow system with infinite scrolling, lazy loading, and a terrible search system, designed by people who don't have a clue about practical user interface interaction design principals and conventions. One of the biggest computer graphic websites implemented it, it broke aspects of the previous one they had which are still not fixed, regular users hated it and left..., it also broke / changed user names / logins and accounts and thus practically nobody posts any threads or answers peoples questions there now.

Yeh ok, apart from that it's great though. :band:

pinki wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm Wow I miss the blue! And a month gone.

I'm always on late at night and it just ain't the same anymore. Like a deal breaker ..er even though there's no deal...

anyhow...

Any chance of the lovely old blue?
like so...? :D

The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Gimee!

Are we still waiting or did I miss it?

samsam wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:54 am Are we still waiting or did I miss it?
Good question :tu:

Looks like still waiting.

My eyes!

Cant believe I paid for a kvr gold account yet still no dark theme.

Came here to ask about this too, really makes KvR so much less pleasant to read and look at. VI Control just got a beautiful dark theme and boy is it easier on the eyes than the blinding bright we have here.

In the meantime, I can only suggest the "Dark Reader" browser extension which seems to work moderately well on this site.

Return to “Site Stuff”