Need advice on buying Waves plugins (CLA-Vocals) - WUP , and will their Black Friday prices be lower ...?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking to get hold of perhaps CLA Vocals from Waves.
But I am thinking of waiting until Black Friday for that. However, last Black Friday I was interested in their Rhapsody piano , but the price actually went up on Black Friday which was confusing for me.

Right now, CLA Vocals is $29. Wondering if it gets much lower than that?

And also, if I get Waves plugins pre-owned what do I have to look out for. I'm not interested in WUP really (I think WUP means I think that if Waves update the plugin, you get the next version free when it comes out(?))

And also if I buy a Waves plugin pre-owned from someone here , do I have to pay a license transfer? I also see people selling "unregistered serial numbers" too. Dont know the advantage of buying that.

Unregistered serials are just that. Like buying them directly from Waves but WUP (for one year) starts only when you register them. Actually, when you buy Waves plugins from third party vendors (like JRRShop) you’ll be getting unregistered serials that you’ll register when you activate them. Only if you buy from Waves directly your plugins will be instantly registered upon purchase.
Hope this helps.

I had a WUP on version 9 of Waves stuff, that meant when expired 2014 I still could get all v9 updates on same plugins untill v10 that exist now as I saw.

One good thing happening being in WUP was that I got Vitamin for free - being included in Gold bundle I had.

About Waves - I think if interested in a single plugin - look at what bundle it is part of if that is of interest what else there is - and look for a killer deal on that bundle.

CLA Vocals are included in:
Chris Lord Alge signature series - $59 - 6 plugins
Signature series vocals - $69 - 4 plugins.

I use the CLA Guitars, very useful. CLA Classic Compressors is a bundle I use in every project as well. He does not seem to put his name on anything but good stuff.

But that's me buying in on everything I foresaw could be useful 2013-2014. If you later find that CLA Vocals is included in a bundle you want to buy, you pay again for that plugin.

$29 is about the cheapest you can buy single plugins from waves. When bundles go on sale your can get the plugins cheaper....

It's not actually true that you have to pay for plugins again as was stated above. You don't "have" to do that.
Waves offers personalized "upgrades" to bundles if you have plugins included in them. These upgrades actually get cheaper when the bundle in question is on sale.

Like for instance if you bought cla vocals, (because it's a plugin you want to use) and then later you want to get the full cla bundle.... log into your account and you go the user area, you'll see a section that says "upgrades". You can select all the plugins you want to check for upgrades and it will show you a personalized list based on what you own. If the bundle you are trying to upgrade to is on sale at the time the upgrade price will be less.

It says on the site that there is a minimum price for upgrades, but I have never experienced this being enforced. I bought CLA-76 for $29 and upgraded to the full cla classic compressors bundle for less than $50 a year later when the bundle was on sale. Upgrading removes the license for the single plugins you upgraded and adds the license for the bundle to your account, which means you reinstate your wup for any plugins you upgrade.....

As is evident from this long confusing last paragraph Wup is really confusing :/ it is different plans for different plugins depending when you bought them. You have to be kinda careful about it I guess.

I find waves a bit of a pain to deal with as a company but their plugins are so affordable and stable, and they have so many greay ones. They are always all over my mixes.

mortfell wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:34 am It's not actually true that you have to pay for plugins again as was stated above. You don't "have" to do that.
Waves offers personalized "upgrades" to bundles if you have plugins included in them. These upgrades actually get cheaper when the bundle in question is on sale.
Good to know, thank you.

Also re: Black Friday pricing. Some bundles will be cheaper, but, watch out for the voucher+higher prices offers that are often not much better, or not even as good as, the regular $29 sales.

thanks, I actually bought CLA-Vocals last night, and found a coupon for 10% off so I got it for $26

My best advice for Waves plugins is that don't buy them and point your money to something better.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 pm My best advice for Waves plugins is that don't buy them and point your money to something better.
Useful advice, thanks for that. I'll be sure to bear it in mind next time I buy a Waves plugin.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:59 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 pm My best advice for Waves plugins is that don't buy them and point your money to something better.
Useful advice, thanks for that. I'll be sure to bear it in mind next time I buy a Waves plugin.
Always a pleasure :lol:

I got stacks of Waves plugs. Don't use them and not worth it to sell them = Limbo

I dont use them personally but a friend has quite a few and to me a lot seem to be the same thing with a different gui, please correct me if I am wrong, its just an observation..
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Bansaw wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:15 pm thanks, I actually bought CLA-Vocals last night, and found a coupon for 10% off so I got it for $26
Actually if you do a soundgrid test you get 50 USD voucher witch you can use up to 50% of the purchase price. If a plugin costs 29, with the cupoun it would be 14.5 USD

cprompt wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:59 pm
:D

Return to “Effects”