UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:00 pm It only seems to crash in Renoise, it neither crashes in Bitwig nor in Ableton (VST version). The audiounit version runs/exits fine in Renoise. I think Renoise still is built with the macos 10.6 api sources (or even 10.5), could that be a problem? Though I have a lot of plugins, also recent ones, and none of those will crash. The error says something with a parameter getter, maybe it is a question of the order of the destruction, like better first unregister it from the host and the destruct it? Maybe renoise just is a bit less tolerant here. Mac model is iMac14,1. Will try it in some days on a MacBookPro, too.
It should work but now, at least, I now that this is a renoise specific issue :)
Hopefully there is a demo we can try with.

Thanks for the report.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 pm I notice its zero latency

Could a version with a small latency could be engineered to use less CPU?
It's possible, but it won't be a miracle either.
Looooots of stuff to compute
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

h2ogun99 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:41 am Thank you very much. The latest version has not solved the issue, sadly. The CPU usage goes off the charts once you stop play of the track. Otherwise, the CPU usage is acceptable while the track is playing. I'll reach out to your support as to not muddy this discussion up with my tech support needs. The plugin sounds amazing, by the way. Looking forward to this getting resolved and on to enjoying Plate.

Thanks!

L
Humm that's strange.
Will check your tech report to know your config.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 am

I have no doubt the level of modelling needs those CPU cycles.
Just thought Id put it out there.

I was just a bit shocked to see there was no latency!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

otristan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am
c_voltage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 pm Damn, i tried demo, on my old cpu Q9505 it's shows about 80% (to one core respectively) at default High quality level. (Win7 64bit DAW Studio one 3)
It's normally ? :scared: :)
Without AVX, it's pretty hard.
We clearly advise for an i5 min
I noticed it says in the requirements: Windows 8 or higher, but is that really a requirement or just a recommendation? Sometimes in the specs for plugins they mention items such as this, but then in some cases it turns out it just wasn't tested with older OSs.

in software world, "supported" means "we will test and fix bugs on this platform". "unsupported" doesn't mean "doesn't work", it means "it might, but if it doesn't, we won't fix it".
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

otristan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:19 am It should work but now, at least, I now that this is a renoise specific issue :)
Hopefully there is a demo we can try with.

Thanks for the report.
The "demo" of Renoise is pretty much a full working version minus rendering: http://www.renoise.com/download

best sound :tu:

otristan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 am

Maybe let the users set their preferred default CPU mode.

I, too, have an old machine and I'd like it to default to "medium" (at least until I'll build a new 9900k based DAW)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Is there a newsletter issue with UVI? I've been subscribed to the letter/promotions for many years and haven't gotten anything in my inbox for at least a year - plus I have no spamfilter on them and the purchase/ilok stuff emails get thru fine?

Liero wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 pm Is there a newsletter issue with UVI? I've been subscribed to the letter/promotions for many years and haven't gotten anything in my inbox for at least a year - plus I have no spamfilter on them and the purchase/ilok stuff emails get thru fine?
Yeah, I had the same challenge. Its in the UVI's side.
First, in this Kvr thread, UVI representative (otristan) answered sort of "your fault",
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=513086&start=90

but when I wrote to the UVI support, I got the following (see below) apology, and the newsletter! BTW, I am UVI's client since 2008, own 9 of their products.
There we see, typically everything is first clients fault, until someone bothers to find out.

"I'm happy to hear the issue is solved, I guess it must have been indeed a glitch in our system.

Have a nice day and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
All the best from Paris,
Support Team"

otristan wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 am
c_voltage wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:33 pm Damn, i tried demo, on my old cpu Q9505 it's shows about 80% (to one core respectively) at default High quality level. (Win7 64bit DAW Studio one 3)
It's normally ? :scared: :)
Without AVX, it's pretty hard.
We clearly advise for an i5 min
Hmm ok got it.
Tp3 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 pm I, too, have an old machine and I'd like it to default to "medium"
Yes, i tried with "medium" too, but the tail sound changed significantly not to better side, unfortunately. (Just infinite tail most interesting moment in this plugin for me). Also, the medium it's about 55% for me, and low about 30%. That almost unusable for realtime in some project (as for reverb).
No complaints (i understand about requirement) just as info.
So, the only thing if getting tail by bounce, in offline - in that again, not see profit. In sense, considering amount of other reverbs with long tails\freeze ability, and further post processing arsenal.

Processing a little synth lead improvisation (with one of my Diversion patches) with UVI Plate using a custom preset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLzH0-A72s

Very nice sounding.

Kush Goldpate is $199

Wheres the Elton John emoji when you need it
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”