Plogue Chipsynth - Any details?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

davidv@plogue wrote:
mcbpete wrote:Holy crap, haven't seen a pss270 since school - That's taken me right back !
So is PortaFM going to be released first, had always thought the FC one was going to be the debut as was the initial one advertised on the site
Yeah plans are what they are, meant to be shattered. Realized FC was a "bigger one" and some of the mappers took longer to reverse engineer exactly than others... that and well I created a hardware synth on the idea too.
What’s the hardware synth? Or have I been under a rock?

perpetual3 wrote:
Its not formally announced or explained yet (really just needs me to make a video explaining the concept). Its basically a boutique cartridge based tabletop synth that uses Nintendo Famicom cartridge with sound expansions (that you can find on ebay) as sound sources, -all of which are modeled in chipsynth FC -

I'm also making new custom cartridges with other recycled sound chips (Genesis's YM2612 among others) and even custom ones. It ... really needs a video... The software can of course control the hardware synth and share basic patches. In short extremely nerdy, and doing this because I want to.
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

davidv@plogue wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
Its not formally announced or explained yet (really just needs me to make a video explaining the concept). Its basically a boutique cartridge based tabletop synth that uses Nintendo Famicom cartridge with sound expansions (that you can find on ebay) as sound sources, -all of which are modeled in chipsynth FC -

I'm also making new custom cartridges with other recycled sound chips (Genesis's YM2612 among others) and even custom ones. It ... really needs a video... The software can of course control the hardware synth and share basic patches. In short extremely nerdy, and doing this because I want to.
Looking forward my man! Still enjoying chipsounds, will definitely get the new synths especially since this hardware integrations sounds like loads of fun.

davidv@plogue wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:

:love: I want one.

davidv@plogue wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm
perpetual3 wrote:

I purchased the PortaFM right when it came out off the strength of Cukoos review alone...I love this plugin so much. I'm really looking forward to the other releases...I look for the email updates every day lol. Happy to hear this is a personal passion project. Thanks for the great work.

Bump1 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 am I purchased the PortaFM right when it came out off the strength of Cukoos review alone...I love this plugin so much. I'm really looking forward to the other releases...I look for the email updates every day lol. Happy to hear this is a personal passion project. Thanks for the great work.
Thanks!
If you want more of a day to day progress report, my twitter is the most active (see sig)
I do often rant on there though, you've been warned :)
Cheers
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

Return to “Instruments”