Now available! Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit - now available! November 20, 2018. Introductory pricing has also been extended!

Introducing Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube

Featuring models of the gear used on Pantera’s classic album, Cowboys From Hell

Introducing the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection for AmpliTube. This new collection features models of the exact gear used by “Dimebag” Darrell Lance Abbott on Pantera’s groundbreaking album Cowboys From Hell. Mac/PC users can enjoy nine brand new models including two amps, two cabinets and five stompboxes.

Dimebag is considered one of the most influential guitarists of all time and a legendary, genre defining musician. IK Multimedia worked with Dime’s long-time guitar tech and right hand man, Grady Champion, to precisely model all of Dime’s guitar tones from the album utilizing all the personal guitar effects, amplifiers and cabinets he used while recording Cowboys From Hell. Available in a convenient desktop app and DAW plug-in, guitarists can now play and record using the same gear and settings Dime did.

Inside the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection

The collection features models that precisely mirror the rig Dime used to record Cowboys From Hell. This includes a meticulously modeled reproduction of the highly coveted Randall® RG 100ES Amplifier, a completely re-modeled 1986 Roland® JC-120 stereo combo amp, and all the pedals Dime used.

Five Stompboxes:

6-Band EQ, six-band graphic EQ based on a unit by MXR®; used to shape and boost sound before the amp.

Pre EQ 3, three-Band Parametric EQ based on the Furman® PQ-3; offers great flexibility for sound shaping.

Flanger Doubler, based on an MXR® Flanger Doubler, offering two effects in one. Primarily used by Dime in “doubler mode” to thicken in his overall tone.

Dime Wah, based on the Dunlop® Cry Baby® GCB95. Modeled with precise attention to Dime’s lead tones.

Dime Noise Gate, fast and very responsive; based on the Rocktron® Hush IIB model.

Two Amplifiers:
Darrell From Hell 100, modeled to meticulously mirror the highly coveted Randall® RG 100ES solid-state, 120 watt amplifier. The sound and tone of this amp became famous when Dime started using it in the early Pantera days.
Jazz Amp 120CFH, based on the 1986 Roland JC120®, this stereo amp was used on the song Cemetery Gates. Fine-tuned to match the exact tone heard on the album.

Two Cabinets:
Darrell From Hell 412, based on the Randall® 412JB; the perfect companion to the Darrell From Hell 100 amplifier.

JP Jazz CFH, the stereo cabinet section of the Roland JC120® combo that features 2x12-inch speakers.

A master of tone
Dime’s tone was so unique…you automatically knew it was him as soon as he strapped on his guitar and hit that first note --Grady Champion
Grady Champion, friend and guitar technician for Dimebag Darrell, also adds: “What a lucky guy I was to know him. He was my friend first and took me on a ride I’ll never forget. I owe him everything. I am very fortunate to be included in this project and help create the Dimebag Darrell Cowboys From Hell version of AmpliTube. Can’t wait for you all to hear it.”

Pantera bandmate Philip Anselmo adds, “Dime was as brutally hilarious as was his playing lethal. During extreme writing sessions, it was his sense of humor that made the intensity of those moments that much more endurable. Like Vince, Dime was a perfectionist in the studio and in a live setting, so his comedic styling benefitted all involved – the band, crew & audience. He was one in a zillion and his methodology lives on with every studio endeavor or tour I do. Bless his memory.”

Options, Pricing and availability

The Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection runs inside AmpliTube Custom Shop, a free download available to all. The Collection is now available for pre-order via IK's online store, inside the Custom Shop, or from IK authorized retailers for a special introductory price of $/€79.99*. The Collection will commence shipping during November after which it can be purchased for the regular price of $/€99.99*.

For more information visit www.ikmultimedia.com/products/dimebag/

For more information about Dimebag Darrell, visit www.dimebagdarrell.com

*Prices do not include tax.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

luckily, i never liked Pantera nor Dime's tone, so i'll skip this one :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Two solid state amps and five pedals. Price seems kind of high. Sucks we are going to have to wait another year for more guitar gear in Amplitube. I loved the Fender 2 collection, the new Marshalls, SLO etc. Not crazy about this one. We need updated Voxes and a Matchless DC-30 to be added. Way overdue.

Angle Loss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am Two solid state amps and five pedals.
And one of those amps was only used on one song!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Not sure why this double posted. so I will edit this...
Last edited by rollasoc on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollasoc wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:14 pm Yeah, for solid state amps.

Boo, for not being able to use my credit to buy it in custom shop. Had to pay cash, even though I have more than enough credits. Seems credits are pointless, on new things.

P.s. was in a couple bands in the '90s that did Cowboys from hell.

Angle Loss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am Two solid state amps and five pedals. Price seems kind of high. Sucks we are going to have to wait another year for more guitar gear in Amplitube. I loved the Fender 2 collection, the new Marshalls, SLO etc. Not crazy about this one. We need updated Voxes and a Matchless DC-30 to be added. Way overdue.
You shouldn't have to wait another year. Barring any delays with honing the tone to be up to par for *********** (not the right amount of * so don't bother trying to guess :) ) we should have some more great gear soon.

Two amps, two cabs, five pedals, very specifically modeled no matter what type of amps/pedals they are and very unique to nail Dimebag's tone (we worked closely with Grady Champion on this) and far less costly than the real thing (or even other gear to approximate the tone without getting it precisely correct).

cprompt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:26 am
Angle Loss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:33 am Two solid state amps and five pedals.
And one of those amps was only used on one song!
Who cares if DDD only used it once, it's widely used
in the music industry, and something that will greatly extend
Amplitudes coverage of guitar tones, while not being limited
to guitar uses. Time to fire up the CS, hope the
Roland can be preordered/purchased as an individual product.
Shouls sound great with the Fulltone Collection,
and z3ta+ effects plugin :hyper:
Cheers

glokraw wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 pm Who cares if DDD only used it once, it's widely used
There's already a JC120 in Amplitube though, not sure how another can "greatly extend" it.

Since when it matters on what number of songs DD used JC-120? It's a great amp, regardless.

Love me some Dime, yet have to admit, Davie G Collection is what my fingers desire.

Why the old gremlin Dave is so hard to convince? He's probably an analog snob. "No way my dusty pedals and shmedals end up in a digital program". Focking stubborn old Brit. And greedy too. Probably asked you for a million pounds for his "Collection" thing, eh?

But before any new gear, upgrade the old collections with your latest modeling technology, I'd say. Cabs, pedals and racks included.

Sooo, I'm guessing this is just the first in a series of Dime amps and gear? Next being "The Vulgar collection"?

imrae wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm
glokraw wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 pm Who cares if DDD only used it once, it's widely used
There's already a JC120 in Amplitube though, not sure how another can "greatly extend" it.
I clicked 'Brands' in the CS, and saw nothing with an R :dog:

But as you say, it's found in 'Amps', in the Clean section
on page 3. Thanks for the heads up.
The new one is a stereo amp, and that's
an important difference for what I will use it for.
Likely two stereo instances in A4.
Got the JC 120 in CS testing, with all the Fulltone Collection
loaded, sounds absolutely amazing! :hyper:
Cheers

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:33 pm very specifically modeled ...snip...
getting it precisely correct).
Are the JC footswitch inputs modeled to be
switchable in software, via a 3-way toggle switch?
and then accessible from an external hardware
expression pedal?
Cheers

Dullee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:54 pm Why the old gremlin Dave is so hard to convince? He's probably an analog snob. "No way my dusty pedals and shmedals end up in a digital program". Focking stubborn old Brit. And greedy too. Probably asked you for a million pounds for his "Collection" thing, eh?
What you are saying is slanderous and absolute rubbish...

So there :!:
No auto tune...

I might pick up the MXR effect, but otherwise no interest.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Effects”