Octaver effect (AU) anywhere?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Sascha,

I just converted my previous OC2 designs into a Reaktor 5 ensemble, and tested with my telecaster.. it's pretty stable even with long sustains. When you play perfectly mono, it's pretty good I think.

Have a look if you've got time..
BOSS OC2 R5.ens.zip
Simple interface is on 'A' and more knobs are on 'B' if you want to twiddle.

It's crude mind you - no pitch tracking or anything clever, just simple rectifies and frequency dividers, and a low pass filter here and there

--edit
hmm it seems the reply page didn't show me the attached items; I thought they'd failed..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinningBao wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:38 pm Hey Sascha,

I just converted my previous OC2 designs into a Reaktor 5 ensemble, and tested with my telecaster.. it's pretty stable even with long sustains. When you play perfectly mono, it's pretty good I think.

Have a look if you've got time..
BOSS OC2 R5.ens.zip

Simple interface is on 'A' and more knobs are on 'B' if you want to twiddle.

It's crude mind you - no pitch tracking or anything clever, just simple rectifies and frequency dividers, and a low pass filter here and there
Hey, thanks a ton! While the entire character of any attacks and the "timbre" of my guitar(s) are completely getting lost, this is *by far* the best in terms of tracking and no-glitchiness I have tried yet. Lowest notes (mainly E and F, seems to work a lot better from F#/G on already) are a bit difficult to handle, but I might get that sorted with some pre-filtering.

Cheers
Sascha
(probably need to get a hardware octaver anyway one day, for use with my looper and when there's no computer around)
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

sprnva wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm For pitch shifting I use Little AlterBoy from Soundtoys. Haven't tried it on guitar so can't say how well it tracks but it's more stable with my 0-Coast than the M4L one in Ableton Live.
I used it on (electric) guitar and liked the result.
(also liked the fact that you can automate mix etc.

Glad you like it Sascha! :)

Yeh, on my tele is was fine on the neck pickup down the bottom of the E string, but the bridge pickup is a bit too treble-y.. You could drop the 'inFILT' on page B to take a bit more of the top-end off before the sound hits the octave-y calculation stuff.

Fwiw, as an update: I'm almost sorted. Downloaded Amplitube Custom Shop (and while I was logged in I noticed that I'm registered to quite some other things that might come in handy, got them with my Stealth Plug ages ago...) and the pitch shifter is way better than anything else I've tried so far. I might indeed get their octaver if the free pitch shifter is that good already. Comes with a tad of latency, but if I mix in the dry guitar a bit, things are just fine. The octaver should probably be better.

Btw, for free, ATCS is quite a great deal, the amps sound damn fine to my ears, especially when you fool around with the cabs a bit (or use a proper IR, of which I've got plenty).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Cool, glad you found a good solution. And yeah, looks like the free version of ATCS is pretty well-endowed!

This conversation has made me think about utilising a rectifier with a grain-based pitch shifter in my lab to see what happens. Thanks! :)

Return to “Effects”