after the move

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Viewing on mobile, in some topics there's a dark bar beneath "Products related to this topic" header. It's in the way of seeing the OP's name, or whoever is at the top of the page. See attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

what does the "(1)" number signify in the browser title bar?

VitaminD wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:27 pm what does the "(1)" number signify in the browser title bar?
you have a notification

edit: note that's how I got this post of yours hence a quick response :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

BertKoor wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:20 am Viewing on mobile, in some topics there's a dark bar beneath "Products related to this topic" header. It's in the way of seeing the OP's name, or whoever is at the top of the page. See attachment.
That happens when you happen to "hover" your finger over the touchscreen, over the "Products related to this topic" bar. Touch on that bar again, and the black bar below it will disappear.

chk071 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
BertKoor wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:20 am Viewing on mobile, in some topics there's a dark bar beneath "Products related to this topic" header. It's in the way of seeing the OP's name, or whoever is at the top of the page. See attachment.
That happens when you happen to "hover" your finger over the touchscreen, over the "Products related to this topic" bar. Touch on that bar again, and the black bar below it will disappear.
:tu: :party:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

An idea I wouldn't mind seeing is that sticky topics have a slightly different background colour in thread index pages – or some other distinguishing design.

Hink wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
VitaminD wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:27 pm what does the "(1)" number signify in the browser title bar?
you have a notification

Thanks! I finally found where to see/clear those over in the private message section.

The notifications dropdown doesn't work on mobile for me. Only the border appears ... no messages.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am The customize forums feature is now opt out. Any new forums added will be included by default until you choose to exclude them.
Finally, the other way didn't make sense as you never knew when new forums were added because you couldn't see them.

It looks like Topics that get moved don't get marked as read in the original Forum:
UnreadForever.png
That's after doing "mark topics read" and "mark forums read" many times...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VitaminD wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
you have a notification

Thanks! I finally found where to see/clear those over in the private message section.
How do you delete "read" ones? I cannot find that.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 amHow do you delete "read" ones? I cannot find that.
Same here. Some way to clear out notifications I've read and no longer want listed would be very nice.

Click See All at the bottom of the message window.

I don't know if this is intentional, but the small social media buttons are gone. It's no big deal and I don't really mind, but I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case it's not intentional.

I thought it was really neat to have a unified link to people's Soundcloud next to their avatar.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:07 pmClick See All at the bottom of the message window.
Nope, they're still there even after a page refresh. (<edit> And after posting this message.) I had to scroll to get the "See all" link - which makes it rather hard to use. It would be much easier just to have a "Clear notifications" link - at the top.

Return to “Site Stuff”