Himiltungl The Seeker

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Seeker

holzon wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:14 am Is there a chance you will be adding a mouse over frequency/ note readout? This and optional spectrum weighting would both be amazing. This thing is stunningly versatile without the drawbacks of standard fft analyzers. It is already amazing for helping out with sound design.
Really happy to hear that you found a use for it, not only me then that has a use for this :-D
I'm planning to do a post-challenge release with all of the requested features that popped up during the challenge.

I'm not sure I got what you meant with 'optional spectrum weighting'? What would it do?
Many analyzers will let you add a curve/ tilt to the display to more closely represent how the human ear hears etc. basically weighting the spectrum to where a level at the low frequency end is as strong to the eye as a level in the high frequencies even though they aren’t actually equal in power.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:53 pm Many analyzers will let you add a curve/ tilt to the display to more closely represent how the human ear hears etc. basically weighting the spectrum to where a level at the low frequency end is as strong to the eye as a level in the high frequencies even though they aren’t actually equal in power.
If you run pink noise through the seeker, you will see that it is already flat? That's partly why I did the plug-in in the first place, because I hate how most FFT-based analyzers don't show an audibly flat signal as a flat spectrum.

What would be the use-case of seeing it weighted like FFT-style analyzers? I've not seen any analog analyzers do that. The way it displays now is the way the human ear perceives sound, so that each bar should sound equally loud independent of frequency, if they show the same level in the graph.

holzon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:53 pm Many analyzers will let you add a curve/ tilt to the display to more closely represent how the human ear hears etc. basically weighting the spectrum to where a level at the low frequency end is as strong to the eye as a level in the high frequencies even though they aren’t actually equal in power.
If you run pink noise through the seeker, you will see that it is already flat? That's partly why I did the plug-in in the first place, because I hate how most FFT-based analyzers don't show an audibly flat signal as a flat spectrum.

What would be the use-case of seeing it weighted like FFT-style analyzers? I've not seen any analog analyzers do that. The way it displays now is the way the human ear perceives sound, so that each bar should sound equally loud independent of frequency, if they show the same level in the graph.
I like having it weighted like pink noise. It's just handy to be able to manipulate that curve. You can do things like correct for your room and such depending on how flexible it is. pink noise is definitely the way to go if it's not configurable.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm I like having it weighted like pink noise. It's just handy to be able to manipulate that curve. You can do things like correct for your room and such depending on how flexible it is. pink noise is definitely the way to go if it's not configurable.
Ah, I see! Thanks for sharing.

I just installed The Seeker. It's working well and look stunning! Thank you for sharing.

brijawi wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm I just installed The Seeker. It's working well and look stunning! Thank you for sharing.
Thanks for the kind words, happy to hear that you like it! :party:

fwiw it was my #1 place. awesome plugin

Debutante wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:27 pm fwiw it was my #1 place. awesome plugin
:hyper: I'm still working on getting the feature requests done, so hopefully it will be even better soon :party:

New version is up!
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-se ... tungl-labs

New features in v1.1.0:
- Display graph axis values under cursor
- Hide logo*
- Hide settings*
- Set spectrum scale level to adjust for low or high signals*

* saved in presets

lookin' good.

holzon wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm New version is up!
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-se ... tungl-labs

New features in v1.1.0:
- Display graph axis values under cursor
- Hide logo*
- Hide settings*
- Set spectrum scale level to adjust for low or high signals*

* saved in presets
Wooahh! Man! This is great!

Even after the end of the DC2018 you work on your plugin and
release an update. I am well impressed! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I managed to crash REAPER (v5.961 x64 / Win10 Pro v1803). What I did was resize the plugin window (floating) and move part of it offscreen. What's more, I tried to reproduce the crash (with the same project and a few others) but so far without success, so I'm not really sure what actually triggered the crash. I can PM you the crash log if you want.
Nice plugin btw :)

Paul Eye wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:47 pm I managed to crash REAPER (v5.961 x64 / Win10 Pro v1803). What I did was resize the plugin window (floating) and move part of it offscreen. What's more, I tried to reproduce the crash (with the same project and a few others) but so far without success, so I'm not really sure what actually triggered the crash. I can PM you the crash log if you want.
Nice plugin btw :)
Cheers! Sorry to hear that it crashes, I'll see if I can torment the plugin a bit here and see if I can reproduce it. Crash log would be great!

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”