PatchWork 2.2 Available - including new built-in effects & performance improvements

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

We are glad to unleash PatchWork 2.2!

This new version includes 4 new built-in audio effects (reverb, harmonizer, wah, mute), many new presets and major performance improvements: this is a recommended free update for everyone, check it out!

As usual, the update for V2 users can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by eail upon purchase). If you are still on version 1, an upgrade link is available from the same page.

Enjoy!

What's new in 2.2:
- Added 4 new built-in plug-ins (reverb, harmonizer, wah, mute).
- New factory presets.
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins' state.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Mac: fixed crash in Ableton Live when hitting space bar while a sub plug-in window is opened

Whay! Thanks a lot!

I hate harping on about something but is there a chance we might see the suggestions made in posts #28 & #29 of this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=494219&start=15

:pray:

Do you mean the confirmation before closing the app?

Yes, the confirmation would be great and the "kill audio engine" panic button would be superb. :)
(And the little output meters, if time allows) :)

Thanks again! Love this software!

Did you fix the performance problem with Soundtoys plugins and Logic Pro?
When running Soundtoys plugins inside Patchwork on Logic Pro at least, I get CPU spikes all the time that makes the use of patchwork unusable. Nevertheless it works very well with other brands products (Fabfilter, Waves...).

Cheers! Thanks to continue updating products!

EDIT : I checked and it is not fixed yet. I hope it would be nice for a future update! Ciao

The SoundToys issue is indeed still here (only with the Audio Units). We have been in touch with them some time ago but haven't managed yet to find out what is going on in their Audio Units.

By the way there is a surprise on the full version download page... A new preview is available :-).

Blue Cat Audio wrote:By the way there is a surprise on the full version download page... A new preview is available :-).
The drag and drop is nice!

:tu:

I use Patchwork to set up effects banks, and drag n drop is all I need to quickly rearrange the chain. You can stop now. No further updates are needed!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Tappistry wrote:
Blue Cat Audio wrote:By the way there is a surprise on the full version download page... A new preview is available :-).
There's a preview version with drag and drop? Where? Been waiting for that one! :tu:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Tappistry wrote:
There's a preview version with drag and drop? Where? Been waiting for that one! :tu:
On the download page, look toward the bottom that says “next version preview release.”

IME the preview releases of Patchwork have been pretty solid. No weird behavior or crashing.

I'm having trouble updating to 2.2. I"m on Windows 7 64-bit on Pro Tools HD 2018.1. I run the installer, and it places the plugin in the plugin folder, even manually forcing Pro Tools to re-scan plugins and it never sees Patchwork. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? I've already emailed support.

Have you installed the 64-bit AAX version of the plug-in, while Pro Tools was not running? (sometimes it is still alive in the background, and it won't see the plug-ins installed while running).

We advise you to try the following:
- close Pro Tools.
- uninstall the plug-in.
- open Pro Tools and check the plug-in is not there.
- close Pro Tools and reboot.
- reinstall the plug-in (64-bit AAX).
- launch Pro Tools.

Michael L wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm I use Patchwork to set up effects banks, and drag n drop is all I need to quickly rearrange the chain. You can stop now. No further updates are needed!
And yet, we still have a huge todo list for it. :)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”