New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I wonder why PA is now doing this prerelease demo thing where they don't actually sell it for a while and don't even mention the price.

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 am I wonder why PA is now doing this prerelease demo thing where they don't actually sell it for a while and don't even mention the price.
To get us all riled up and frothing at the mouth;
To get us to use it in productions now;
To let us talk it up all about town;
To give us time to buy our wives flowers

dangayle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 am
masterhiggins wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 am I wonder why PA is now doing this prerelease demo thing where they don't actually sell it for a while and don't even mention the price.
Putting a demo for the use is a very good way to test market the product. During the time developer (here UA), using previous cases, has created an prediction algorithm, type

EP = f (aFI + bSV + cDD), where

EP = Estimated number of purchases
FI = Forum discussion /interest
DD = Product demo downloads
a, b, c = function argument multipliers, depending on the explanation power of the variable

With the EP, the developer can set the price point.

This means, the more you comment in this thread, the more positively you comment, and the more you download the demo, the more expensive the P1 and P2 will be.
P1 is the product launching offer price, P2 is the price point after the offer period (if there are any offers).
What the P3 will be, and when it will be set, depends on how much you purchase the product.

With a big amount of data, the developer can teach the AI algorithm, those can be very complex ones, including much more variables the above three, and with the feedback loop the algorithm learns all the time, it knows the moves of your little souls, and potential GAS even you know it yourself. :phones:

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 am
dangayle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 am
Putting a demo for the use is a very good way to test market the product. During the time developer (here UA), using previous cases, has created an prediction algorithm, type

EP = f (aFI + bSV + cDD), where

EP = Estimated number of purchases
FI = Forum discussion /interest
DD = Product demo downloads
a, b, c = function argument multipliers, depending on the explanation power of the variable

With the EP, the developer can set the price point.

This means, the more you comment in this thread, the more positively you comment, and the more you download the demo, the more expensive the P1 and P2 will be.
P1 is the product launching offer price, P2 is the price point after the offer period (if there are any offers).
What the P3 will be, and when it will be set, depends on how much you purchase the product.

With a big amount of data, the developer can teach the AI algorithm, those can be very complex ones, including much more variables the above three, and with the feedback loop the algorithm learns all the time, it knows the moves of your little souls, and potential GAS even you know it yourself. :phones:
You take us KVR nerds too seriously...

No, I'm not taking anything, that was just a description of the reality.
(btw, SV is the number of site visits). 😜
Last edited by Harry_HH on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 am No, I'm not taking anything, that was just a description of the reality. 😜
Sometimes you should take something... :D

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am
Harry_HH wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 am No, I'm not taking anything, that was just a description of the reality. 😜
Sometimes you should take something... :D
I've noticed that here are people who take care on that side, even on the behalf of myself. I believe in the division of labour... 😎

We have a deal! :party: :clown:

cron wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:11 pm
mutantdog wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:43 pm Aah, i can do that with Live's built in gate. Cool feature though.
Ahh, but the key part here is or both to separate tracks. Well, unless Live's gate picked up the ability to do this in version 10. When routing both to separate tracks, you get perfectly lossless recovery of the original sound, but you also gain the ability to process both layers separately. Add G8's one-shot mode to this and you can get strikingly close to Eventide's Physion on the cheap.
Stick two identical instances of Live's gate in a rack in parallel then flip one of them. Seems to do much the same job. Admittedly looking through the manual G8 does have a few extra tricks that set it aside from Live's basic feature-set so maybe i should hold on to it for now.

TLW wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm anybody experiencing BYOME crashing in ableton? mine consistently crashes on ableton in mac mojave
You've upgraded too soon I think. Ableton is not compatible with Mojave yet.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... patibility

Soarer wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:44 pm
TLW wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:55 pm anybody experiencing BYOME crashing in ableton? mine consistently crashes on ableton in mac mojave
You've upgraded too soon I think. Ableton is not compatible with Mojave yet.

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... patibility
I'm on Mojave, using Ableton, testing Byome. No crashes.

I know it doesn't really help, but even after using it quite extensively, I had no problems so far in Live 10 on Win 8.1.

Hmmm I should probably send the crash logs to ableton.

I can think of one reason...
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

imrae wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:24 pm
I can think of one reason...
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect
Seems like the plan might have backfired, as quite a few of us won't even touch the thing until we know we are going to be able to afford it :scared:

Return to “Effects”