Whut, why is Kazrog's forum locked and in "old" section?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah?

I've been considering shutting down the forum for the better part of a year, and finally went through with it. I've not been very happy with it as a means of communication with users, and I often found myself neglecting it.

I'd like to put my focus more into YouTube and other social media for public communication, and anything else can easily be handled by the support ticketing system. Thanks for your great posts over the years!
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Shame, we'll miss you around here :(

i mean, okay, if that's what you want, but i should note that, although i'm probably the minority, i don't follow/use any social media services. i hope the mailing list doesn't suffer the same fate :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:46 pm i mean, okay, if that's what you want, but i should note that, although i'm probably the minority, i don't follow/use any social media services. i hope the mailing list doesn't suffer the same fate :D
Well, you have to have a mailing list! Forums are really an optional thing - some companies have them, others don't.

As someone who's been a moderator on many forums going all the way back 20 years, I'm kind of burnt out on the format, more than anything.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:45 pm Shame, we'll miss you around here :(
Thanks! Sorry to disappoint, I just got burned out on the format. It has absolutely nothing to do with you - on the contrary, I always looked forward to your insights.
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

One of just a few company forums I kept an eye on. I prefer KVR to the social med platforms. I guess the mailing list will have to suffice. I appreciate that all of this stuff takes time and isn't necessarily the most productive part of a developer's day.

Following devs on social media comes with the significant downside of inviting targeted ads from all their inferior competitors :-(

imrae wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:02 pm Following devs on social media comes with the significant downside of inviting targeted ads from all their inferior competitors :-(
Appreciate it, but there's targeted ads here, too. 8)
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

I know there are pockets of interest here on KVR and also at GS, but as someone who reads the “new posts” of both everyday, it seems that the quantity, and certainly quality, of contributions to these fora have diminished recently. I date it from the “meter debacle” on the Brainworx SSL thread this summer, but maybe I’m imagining things.

As someone who dislikes social media, I finally held my nose and signed up on Facebook, and after an immediate desire to cancel, have now followed all the software devs I’ve patronized.

I’m pretty happy now with the arrangement, can get news with much less effort, and of course much less acrimony. So I sympathize with Kazrog’s decision to move on.

My next step is to bookmark certain threads and people on KVR and GS, and drop the “new posts” habit.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

FYI it was EvilDragon and others posting in your forum that led me to purchasing your software. I rarely use social media for companies, only friends so I wouldn't have seen this product.

Best of luck!

I rarely use social media only when I have to. I prefer KVR personnaly maybe I'm old school. So it's Facebook and/or Twitter right ?
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Kazrog wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:42 pm I've not been very happy with it as a means of communication with users, and I often found myself neglecting it.
What about user-user interaction? Is there a place for that somewhere?

I suppose we can continue that stuff in Effects subforum...

Count me as another Kazrog client that avoids and dislikes both Facebook and Twitter.
I like Youtube but I rarely go there initially for music products or VI/effect developers channels.
I can tell you I spend much less time @ Youtube than GS,KVR or VI-C.
For me Youtube is more about entertainment,TV news shows I missed etc......occasionally for walkthroughs and demos.
FWIW Christian Henson from Spitfire stopped posting @ VI-C (I followed his thread on VI-C daily)he moved his online presence to a dedicated Youtube channel about 3-4 months ago and I've never visited it.
For developers this move might make sense but I suspect many Kazrog clients might prefer forums.
Good luck!
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Return to “Site Stuff”