after the move

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So far have received 10 notifications for the Surge thread despite not having visited it today at all.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

were you quoted in the thread?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 pm were you quoted in the thread?
Not that I can recall but certainly not 10 times in the last 24 hours.

But in any event this box was unticked "Someone quotes you in a post"

Email explosion again overnight.

All I have ticked is this: Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed

However I have been notified of a post in the Moog thread at:
6:53
7:38
7:49
7:54
8:12
8:14
8:16
8:36
8:54
9:02
9:27

Now I understand that Captain Obvious and Captain Binary would state this is exactly what is said on the "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" tin but surely I only need to know the first post. Is this not happening to everybody?

viewtopic.php?p=7184813#p7184813
Internal KvR links should not trigger the 5 posts warning, methinks…

Stupid question: How do I get rid of notifications? I have marked them all as "Read" but they remain in the drop-down list. (Separately I have turn off most of them in the Notification Settings page.)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am Text in the "code" tags does not wrap around.

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/o2h01tS.png

Please see viewtopic.php?f=138&t=511725
This is now OK here - I get the scroll bar.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:01 pm Stupid question: How do I get rid of notifications? I have marked them all as "Read" but they remain in the drop-down list. (Separately I have turn off most of them in the Notification Settings page.)
Don't think you can. Seems to be a thing which must be configured by the webmaster in the forum software.

I'd agree though, it would be cool if read items would disappear, and you could end up wit a "clean" notifcation list.

DarkStar wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:48 pm The Edit, Report and Quote buttons can be pushed off to the right too (they are underneath the tabs in the lower screenshot).

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/nEKPOBA.png

Maybe caused by an embedded (wide) image in a first post?
Also now working OK
Inspired by ...

This is being a bit fussy but is there a cookie or preference that can be set which remembers tab you select in the 'what's new @ KVR AUdio' panel? It used to default to News, which was I thought was useful.

You can choose what's being displayed there here: https://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr.php?m=prefs

1st point.

Is there any chance of the "print all" option coming back? Was great for wading through long threads.

In other news, I think I've got most of the forum covered now in my dark userstyle.
https://userstyles.org/styles/52291/one-ping-only

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:13 pm You can choose what's being displayed there here: https://www.kvraudio.com/mykvr.php?m=prefs

1st point.
Thanks. I'm not sure I've ever checked that page before.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:05 pm
DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:01 pm Stupid question: How do I get rid of notifications? I have marked them all as "Read" but they remain in the drop-down list. (Separately I have turn off most of them in the Notification Settings page.)
Don't think you can. Seems to be a thing which must be configured by the webmaster in the forum software.

I'd agree though, it would be cool if read items would disappear, and you could end up wit a "clean" notifcation list.

Oh, I wish! :pray:

Same here. All of a sudden I got 'notifications'. Turned the whole thing off, but I can't get rid of the existing list. Very annoying. :roll:

And another thing: I miss the view=printall thing too! :(

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 am Email explosion again overnight.

All I have ticked is this: Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed

However I have been notified of a post in the Moog thread at:
6:53
7:38
7:49
7:54
8:14
8:16
8:36
8:54
9:02
9:27

Now I understand that Captain Obvious and Captain Binary would state this is exactly what is said on the "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" tin but surely I only need to know the first post. Is this not happening to everybody?
Ok this is just a joke now. I woke up to 164 new KVR emails.
One hundred and sixty four!!!

All notifications have now been turned off so we'll see tomorrow.

Return to “Site Stuff”