after the move

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah for sure 8)
glad im not the only one who doesn't understand all the stuff these people do. just so we can moan at each other :lol:

unsung heroes :band:

You can put .svg files in the [𝚒𝚖𝚐] tag now :hyper:

Man, not being able to hide subforums is a PITA.

Guess I could use uBlock but that's just baaaaaad.

Hehe, true. Hope that can be implemented again.

I'm receiving notifications for every reply to a post not just the initial one. Is this a known issue? My email exploded overnight with several mentions of posts in a single thread.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:41 pm Hehe, true. Hope that can be implemented again.
it will
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Nice. :tu:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm I'm receiving notifications for every reply to a post not just the initial one. Is this a known issue? My email exploded overnight with several mentions of posts in a single thread.
I'm sure you know this but you can disable email notifications of posts through the notifications settings (located in the forum notifications dropdown). Perhaps you might want to uncheck that when you're going to bed at night :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:44 pm I'm receiving notifications for every reply to a post not just the initial one. Is this a known issue? My email exploded overnight with several mentions of posts in a single thread.
You mean for threads you bookmarked, or when someone quotes you?

But, yeah, what Hink wrote. You can configure all that.

Hink wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:49 pm
I'm sure you know this but you can disable email notifications of posts through the notifications settings (located in the forum notifications dropdown). Perhaps you might want to uncheck that when you're going to bed at night :)
Yes I've done that except for the notification of a post in a thread I've posted in. Do we really need a notification every single time somebody replies or just the once since the post was last visited? (ie, like it was previously)

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm
You mean for threads you bookmarked, or when someone quotes you?

But, yeah, what Hink wrote. You can configure all that.
This:
"Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed"

something thats been happening since the move...text sizes are all over the place. i have my browser (ff) set to display everything at 115%....about half the time now...when i return to a the forum list of topics after viewing a topic....the size of the text is much larger even though ff still says its displaying at 115. the text always is larger than i have it set...never smaller.

this only seems to happen after viewing a topic and returning to the list of topics...it never happens when i first look at the list of topics, and i dont recall it happening if i go from viewing the topics in a sub forum back to the full list of sub forums.

odd.

::edit::

heres an image showing the issue, though the difference isnt as drastic as it can be....here i show what the normal size is on the left...on the right is what the same list looked like after viewing a topic. as you can see...ff is set to display at 115% on both. simply refreshing the page sets it back to how its supposed to be.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

I have nothing to do with this aspect nor do I have a clue. Im on the road now and will be home in 90 minutes, I will see if I can duplicate this

chaosWyrM wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 pm something thats been happening since the move...text sizes are all over the place. i have my browser (ff) set to display everything at 115%....about half the time now...when i return to a the forum list of topics after viewing a topic....the size of the text is much larger even though ff still says its displaying at 115. the text always is larger than i have it set...never smaller.

this only seems to happen after viewing a topic and returning to the list of topics...it never happens when i first look at the list of topics, and i dont recall it happening if i go from viewing the topics in a sub forum back to the full list of sub forums.

odd.

::edit::

heres an image showing the issue, though the difference isnt as drastic as it can be....here i show what the normal size is on the left...on the right is what the same list looked like after viewing a topic. as you can see...ff is set to display at 115% on both. simply refreshing the page sets it back to how its supposed to be.
ok I'm getting similar here, sizes changing but I tried at 110% and 120% (using ctrl+) and not 115%

Hink wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:49 pm
ok I'm getting similar here, sizes changing but I tried at 110% and 120% (using ctrl+) and not 115%

ah well....at least its not just me. :)
ImageImageImage

Return to “Site Stuff”