after the move

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DarkStar wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:27 pm Can we get the [Latest Posts] button back (not the small one next to "Forum" in the menu bar)?
Yes, please!

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:22 am
DarkStar wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:27 pm Can we get the [Latest Posts] button back (not the small one next to "Forum" in the menu bar)?
Yes, please!
The „First unread post“ link is really small. A bit bigger and more on its own will help me targeting it with my big wurst fingers...

Sorry is there dark theme settings somewhere ? Or this is work in process..

WIP, it seems. For the moment using Stylish and Farlukar's script.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 am I feel like there's been a conspiracy in recent years between website designers and mouse producers, to fill pages with as much empty space as possible so we wear out the scroll wheel faster.

For that purpose there are two fine alternatives: Page Up/Down and (Shift) Spacebar! I use them all the time! :)

I would really, really prefer it if the little red square 'link to unread posts' would not appear on threads I haven't opened. It used to be so much easier to distinguish between unopened threads / opened threads / opened threads with new posts.

I miss the full posting editor's "experimental mode" It made inserting BB Code easier and quicker.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

onerob wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:32 pm I would really, really prefer it if the little red square 'link to unread posts' would not appear on threads I haven't opened. It used to be so much easier to distinguish between unopened threads / opened threads / opened threads with new posts.

Threads that you opened before, but have no new posts, have a light grey square to the left of them. It's easier to check that.

I'm missing the soundcloud icons next to people's posts. It's currently hidden under the speech bubble, which is called "Contact <user>".

Doesn't make much sense to me, I'm not trying to contact them, I want to listen to their music. I'm also not going to click on every poster's contact button to see if they have a page on SC. Having the icon immediately visible was much handier if you wanted to listen to someone's tracks. The other social media icons don't interest me; but a link to people's music is relevant to the site, and I also want to know at a glance if such a link exists.

I'd probably also prefer a separate PM button, but at least that makes sense under "Contact <user>"

I think I've fixed most glitches in my userstyle now, fine-tuning fiddly bits will happen later…

https://userstyles.org/styles/52291/sounds-like-a-virus

🧐

Text in the "code" tags does not wrap around.

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/o2h01tS.png

Please see viewtopic.php?f=138&t=511725
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I just get a scroll bar :shrug:

What browser/OS?

[edit] looks like at least firefox screws it up

DarkStar wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 amText in the "code" tags does not wrap around.
Not a bug imho, that's exactly what the [ code ] tag is for: prevent reformatting & wrapping.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Yep that's how it should be with CODE tags.

Yep, it's Firefox / Windows 7 - I got the scroll bar last week on the old forum format.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Site Stuff”