after the move

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've made a quick update of my dark theme, it's not complete yet but should do for now.
I'll finish it when Ben is done with tweaking.

https://userstyles.org/styles/52291/fis ... oll-option

…on preview: preview is weird

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 pm There was a dark theme?
:hihi: Where have you been?

Another +1 on the dark theme. My eyes can't handle all this white space. :hihi:

The not opening links in a new tab is frustrating

I can't see properly the right-most part of the posts. This on the mobile version (Android, Chrome). It's like the last letter on a row falls outside the screen area.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Oh and another thing... For some reason, when making a new topic, I can't find the subject field for the post...

And in the normal desktop browser (latest Firefox) sometimes the username is overlapping the post text (for longer user names).

Ben [KVR] wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 am There are quite a few issues to be sorted out over the next few days, but the move was successful.

Apart from moving to a new server we upgraded phpBB to the latest (from 3.0.x to 3.2.x) at the same time, so there was only one downtime. All the formatting issues will be fixed ASAP and a darker theme will return at some point.
:tu:

Wow.. The mobile view is fixed already!
That was fast :)

Great work, guys!

I remember originally the theme was darker then there was the move to the newer system and Ben said he would get the dark blue theme back. Maybe he did but I never saw it or any way to change the one theme we had. Now this (second change, third theme).

I want the old KVR color theme back. I don't mean the last one, but the one from circa 2004.

You know what's a great new addition? The notification feature up in the right. :)

Another not so good, when clicking an external link, it will not open it on a new tab. That was better before...

Another for dark mode. I just got Dark Mode in Mojave, and guess how well it works with this? :lol: :x :ud:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:32 pm You know what's a great new addition? The notification feature up in the right. :)
+1 which includes a very handy feature for me which will help me a lot, and in case people miss it there is a settings feature on the notification that allows you to set what notifications you get (like with when you get a repy/quote as vurt said) and whether you get an email notification or not. Looking forward to the dark theme and I wish the names/avatars would back to the right but that's quite minor.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:04 am
:hihi: Where have you been?
In the dark evidently :)

:hihi:

Return to “Site Stuff”