Tau MkII in Live 4.0.3

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am experiencing something odd with Tau MkII in Live 4.0.3:

It seems that when I record controller data into a clip, Tau starts sending that very same controller data back into the clip over and over, with each iteration of the clip. (without me touching anything.)

This isn't such a big deal, except that it eventually causes Live's Undo.cfg file to grow to about 40-150 MBs depending on how long I let it go.

So far it is the only VSTi I have used that does that. (Out of MicroTonic, ABSynth, Oddity, impOSCar, and Ravity)

Any ideas? I have contacted Ableton too - but I have received the online equivalent to a blank stare.

Unfortunately, we haven't yet got hold of Live 4.03 for testing.

It seems like an odd problem, because Tau II doesn't actually send any controller data by itself - it has no MIDI output at all of any kind. When you send CC messages to Tau II it simply updates the linked parameter.

It will take some time for us to get an NFR of Live 4.03 to test in, but I'll make enquiries with Ableton. Certainly, from the outset, I'd imagine it to be a host problem however as such problems don't happen in other hosts.

Thanks for letting me know!
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”