VCV Rack Madness

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I want to give software modular synthesis another try and since there is so much hype about vcv rack. I checked it out but I'm heavily overwhelmed by the count of plugins. The included one are nice and I'mIcompletely familiar with modular stuff so I wonder which other modules I'm maybe oversee in the ocean of plugins for vcv and since there is no description I ask you kvr members :hihi: :love:
rabbit in a hole

on top of the 'included' ones:

hetrickCV
sonus
vult free
unfiltered(*)
and sonus loopus(*) if you're into a looping style of work

note : these (*) are for-pay. there's also a 'premium' version of the vult set
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There really are some great things out there. Someone already mentioned VULT; that is a must have. The paid versions are well worth it not just for the added functionality but to support this guy so he will keep on. Also NSYNTHI is another must have. This guy has a tremendous number of modules and he keeps grinding them out faster than you could imagine. Both of these devs are producing as high quality software as you will find. Valley has a wonderful plate reverb that is also a must have. Round this out with the Audible instruments and ML's modules and you will have a hell of a system. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I dunno why but VCVR is kinda ... Not my cup of tea ... I grew up with modular synths but never found a good vst equivalent VAZ Modular was dope back in the day maybe Full Buckets ModulaAir can be solution when it's on 1.0 nevertheless it's already more fun than VCVR ... Anyway I will give VCVR a continuous try
rabbit in a hole

ShofB wrote:...Also NSYNTHI is another must have...
I think you meant NYSTHI?

nordickvr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:27 pm
Don’t forget your glasses !

SebAV wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm
nordickvr wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:27 pm
Don’t forget your glasses !
:scared:

martin lueders ( of pg 8X fame ) , these are mostly logic modules/counters/shift registers etcc ...iow a must have
Hetrick modules
Vult modules ..fantastic sounding filters (free and payware )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks. Is really hard to find good modules imo. Where to find a decent delay reverb effect? Any clues?
And again thank you all ...
rabbit in a hole

Valley Plateau, NYSTHI verbs, Blamsoft Reverb (paid)

AS delays, Unfiltered Audio Instant Delay (paid), MSM Dual Delay, NYSTHI delays

My mixer sends are to AS DelayPlus Stereo and Valley Plateau. The delays I like to experiment with are the NSYTHI delays, especially the Clockable Delay ("inspired by" the 4MS DLD).

IMO most of the VCV reverbs and delays are not really up to scratch ( some of them even glitch hard when modulated )
To be fair writing a good reverb is hard.

I do like the Befaco spring reverb.
There is also Mutable / Audible instruments clouds which is of course great, and the Unfiltered audio delay is good.

As far as other module recommendations, there’s plenty of fantastic stuff ( +1 on vult ) but I will make a small plug for my own TriggerFish elements which include an analog modelled VCA, a couple of VCO ‘slopifying’ modules to give life to any oscillator, and an oscillator / filter thing that’s more unusual but which is pretty cool, IMO :)

FastTriggerFish wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:10 pm IMO most of the VCV reverbs and delays are not really up to scratch ( some of them even glitch hard when modulated )
To be fair writing a good reverb is hard.
How many VST reverbs can you extensively modulate?
As far as other module recommendations, there’s plenty of fantastic stuff ( +1 on vult ) but I will make a small plug for my own TriggerFish elements which include an analog modelled VCA, a couple of VCO ‘slopifying’ modules to give life to any oscillator, and an oscillator / filter thing that’s more unusual but which is pretty cool, IMO :)
Your oscillator is probably the strangest in Rack. I love it :hyper:

Thanks, glad to hear it :)
Yeah I agree on reverbs, it’s not something I would really modulate anyway. I just want the base sound to be good and free of metallic overtones.
Though delays which glitch when modulated even very slowly do irk me a bit.

I'm really fond the blamsoft modules. It is paid modules though. You should definitely check out the vcvrack facebook page, this is where most devs hang out and users post video blogs about it.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”