Omnisphere 3 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

So Omnisphere 2.5 is great, especially for people who own hardware synths - or at least , one of the 'preset' hardware synths. But like many others, I have not had a hardware synth for years, and I don't intend getting one soon.
Still, the extra 2 layers are a huge improvement to Omnisphere, and also all the new waveforms and other new goodies.
It is just awesome to see a 10-year old product still being developed and improved. Omnisphere is expensive, but a brilliant long-term investment.

I have always wished that Omnisphere had more than only one arpeggiator. Imagine being able to route layers A and C to the arp, but not B or D, or various combinations along those lines. (and yes, I know about Multis but that would be cumbersome).

What do you wish Omnisphere 3 would have? We know someone from Spectrasonics lurks here, so let's feed them some ideas for the next version.

More nature sounds.
Definitely some badgers and otters.
Not a big fan of voles though.

For me: Fully flexible/scaleable MPE mapability available at layer and global level :tu:

I also concur with arp's at layer/source level :tu:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
dark water wrote:More nature sounds.
Definitely some badgers and otters.
Not a big fan of voles though.
:hihi:

It's already been requested on many occasions. Unfortunately, Diego Stocco is known for random episodes of pyromania (The piano was never intended to be burned), and so they no longer risk sampling small animals or children.

True story :tu:
:o
Blimey!

nm
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

10 times more presets
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

A superior granular section! And more arps.
Randomizer options for env, arps, msegs
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:A superior granular section! And more arps.
Randmomiser in conjunction with the preset locking would be fantastic, and probably finally get me to upgrade from Omni(1) :tu:

Also, drag 'n' drop sample import to the granular page (Pretty sure you mentioned it somewhere)

My most tediously predictable post in my long tedious posting history...

BETTER TAGGING. And a really good tag editor.

I know that's not exactly enough to sell a whole version 3, but aside from glitches it's really the only thing I'd really want changed. Because its a lazy Sunday morning here I'm going to briefly outline the case against:

Since they broke all hope of third party libraries being able to follow Spectrasonics standards in Omni 2, they might as well now just throw it all up in the air and start again. 9,500 patches is fantastic, but if you can't find one it might as well not be there. The tagging system is so impenetrably unwieldy, its near-impossible to successfully search and get a comprehensive set of results. A big part of the problem is the highest level of the hierarchy - these aren't tags but fixed folders, and you have to choose one. That would be ok if they didn't all overlap - its possible to have a patch that fits into ARP+BPM, Distortion, Retro Land, Synth Short, Synth Mono and Synth Bass and likely more besides, but you can only pick the one. Spectrasonics don't seem to understand the difference between a noun and an adjective. Then you have thousands of needless tags that are stupid sub divisions of specific categories, such as Bells Analog and BPM Analog. Why not just have one Analog tag, one Bells tag and one BPM tag and select all you need? This mad proliferation of specific subtypes in Omni 2 fundamentally doesn't seem to understand how tags work, and makes it really unwieldy.

But they also need to throw a frickin bone to those of us with third party devs and our own libraries, and give us a really smart tag editor that could batch translate old and new patches. If they want to rename Synth Pluck to Synth Short - as they have in 2.5 - that breaks everyone else's compatibility. Again. So a batch translator would be necessary, and would probably help them internally sort themselves out too.

Other than all that, a couple of randoms:

Maybe another really well modelled analogue filter or two wouldn't hurt
Front pages for all the Hardware Modelled Profiles for easy use for those without the hardware
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

*cough*Stylus RMX2*cough*

Randmomiser in conjunction with the preset locking would be fantastic, and probably finally get me to upgrade from Omni(1) :tu:

Also, drag 'n' drop sample import to the granular page (Pretty sure you mentioned it somewhere)
yeah this would be awesome with lock feature!!!!

@granular, yes this is cumbersome :/ i know only 1-2 clicks but granular lives from experimenting and i dont want to import but just try out and then save the sample&preset and not import my 10000000000000000 wav files ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:

yeah this would be awesome with lock feature!!!!

@granular, yes this is cumbersome :/ i know only 1-2 clicks but granular lives from experimenting and i dont want to import but just try out and then save the sample&preset and not import my 10000000000000000 wav files ;D
Indeed! 1-2 clicks is fine if you know what you are going for, an you know it will work. However, granular is not that predictable. And for experimentation, it's definitely a bit too cumbersome. Being able to swap in/out samples would be a great feature :tu:

Snapchat integration.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Physical modeling and audio rate modulation.

Return to “Instruments”