Does sugarbytes ever upgrade or add features to existing software?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I use Thesys I can think of a few improvements that might not be that hard to implement eg lock note pitch actually locks the note under mutate and random and note just transposition, or the ability to lock a lane in the performance sequencer so that you could do things like lock all the chords in the chord sequence but mutate everything else and or lock a step etc etc. Basically being able to lock some things and mutate others would be very handy
But do Sugarbytes ever listen to suggestions and implement them for any of their products or is it just bug fixes and the initial feature set never changes?

Release and forget execept for bug fixes.

There have been many feature requests for Thesys since its release in the 18th century
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Release and forget execept for bug fixes.

There have been many feature requests for Thesys since its release in the 18th century
thanks - glad I know that - thesys is good but could be so much better with barely any tweaks. Still glad I have it. And must look around for my copy of ERA again

woggle wrote:

thanks - glad I know that - thesys is good but could be so much better with barely any tweaks. Still glad I have it. And must look around for my copy of ERA again
ERA is one Ill never understand why they didnt maintain after they acquired the code .

Closest equivelant is Modulys but you can midi assign just about everything in ERA for amazing performance control.

ERA is one of my oldest still used plugins

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
woggle wrote:

ERA is one Ill never understand why they didnt maintain after they acquired the code .

Closest equivelant is Modulys but you can midi assign just about everything in ERA for amazing performance control.

ERA is one of my oldest still used plugins
Yeah I was really surprised they didn't keep it going - pretty sure I have my copy somewhere. I looked at Modulys but did not gel with it. I have a lot of sequencers now, more than enough. Cracklefield is the most interesting I have but takes a while to set up.

Or for that matter, just being at bit more present in this forum here.

Sure, Sugar Bytes ought to be here more. They are one of the most unique companies in this industry, their products always have some cool ideas and approaches...but there is a sense of non-involvement, and that is uncool.

Come on, Suger dudes! :hihi: :hihi: 8) 8) :hihi: :hihi: :D :D

Thesys re-imagined could rival Numerology for itb stuff if they wanted to. When I look at some of the ideas in Aparillo, Obscurium and even Cyclop I see some great ways to interact with sequencing and driving parameter changes. However, if past is prologue then SB is more likely to build an entirely new app rather than update an old one if making a new sequencer.

I mean I like SugarBytes and I will continue to support them for as long as I can. But I don't buy their plugins expecting to see added features down the line. It just hasn't been their thing.

UncleAge wrote:It just hasn't been their thing.
Well, perhaps it should become "their thing". :hihi:

Still waiting for a new Effectrix version with modern gui (seems they dont care for vectors, but at least give us a (bitmap then) size choice pleaaaase !!!!!!!

They claim to be interested in updates but I haven't seen any evidence yet.

Actually, Egoist got a feature update.
I think that's it though

Turnado got a few small new features with updates and Unique got a new GUI.

I consider that what the Sugar Bytes people are doing are actually artistic materializations of modern technological instruments. And as instruments they require some attention to be learned and tamed. Even when they do synths they are not regular synths but software creations. It's just too bad that they are not more into chatting with people. Sometimes I feel that the company will simply fold. Which by itself is not that bad as they will leave those well-working creations. Although by interacting a bit more they could generate some cozy feeling which in return surely isn't bad for sales.

Cheers.

I would love to see and update to Theysys... gui enhancements, naming control lanes with preset recall. I wouldn't mind paying for a solid update. They are very quiet as developers.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”