Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rod_zero wrote:ARP latch/hold is my #1 wish.
Exactly this! And not only for Diva, but for all u-he synths. Seems like a modest feature request to make, even for the existing versions. Keep up the good work!

My crazy wish list:
  • Some kind of loopable envelope
  • A simple distortion FX
  • A basic tone control. A simple "tilt" EQ would already be enough
And most importantly:
Urs wrote:If the result is a better sounding synth, then f accuracy.
That doesn't just apply to Diva, but to further plugin development in general.

I can't even imagine what a Diva 2 would be since I feel like Diva 1 is already perfect as it is. The answer can't be even MORE oscillators since you get to a point where there's only really subtle differences in character between vintage analog synths and it all starts to feel same-ish.

I love vintage digital and workstations, so I suppose that could be something (waiting on Roland Cloud to release more of those), but it's going to be difficult to top Diva!

Well, would be nice if the pitch range of osc 1 could be continuous so that nicer (filter) FM timbres can be achieved - it is too coarse now. Also not capping the audio to 20kHz (for the same reason)...

But that can be in a point update, it doesn't need v2. :P

EvilDragon wrote:Well, would be nice if the pitch range of osc 1 could be continuous so that nicer (filter) FM timbres can be achieved - it is too coarse now. Also not capping the audio to 20kHz (for the same reason)...

But that can be in a point update, it doesn't need v2. :P
Whatever Diva 2 eventually one day becomes, lets hope we get Zebra3 out before then :D :lol:

Ohh yeah, I forgot that on my wish list :hihi:

F*ck Diva 2 and work on Zebra 3 instead :hihi:

Nah, I'm fine with it either way, but I'm definitely more excited for Zebra 3. The whole emulation thing just isn't my cup of tea, even if Diva does indeed sound delicious!

Delta Sign wrote:Ohh yeah, I forgot that on my wish list :hihi:

F*ck Diva 2 and work on Zebra 3 instead :hihi:

Nah, I'm fine with it either way, but I'm definitely more excited for Zebra 3. The whole emulation thing just isn't my cup of tea, even if Diva does indeed sound delicious!
Zebra 3 is definitely coming before Diva 2.

Nice :)

There is no rush. It's not like any of us has even begun to discover all the stuff Zebra 2 can do :hihi:

There is still a lot of sonic potential to discover.
I've been using it intensively pretty much daily for many years, and I still have new "whoah, what the f*ck" moments on a regular basis :hihi:

Hey Urs, please recreate Moog Subsequent 37 osci‘s and its filter including the Drive Unit! That would be awesome!

My quick ones:
2 (+) Layers
Standard Modmatrix with lots of slots
More/improved osc/filter models and effects
Brand new wooden panels!
Big bonus would be to include Repro modules

Put the repro 1 envs in diva, model polivoks filter and the SH5 filter.

Wasn't the plan to put in a Buchlaesque oscillator and the Steiner Parker filter?

Digital osc unison stereo spread please!

More Korg and Oberheim emulations and a wider range of effects.

keel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 pm Digital osc unison stereo spread please!
That would double the CPU load because then the whole audio path needs to be stereo, which means two filters... Well, maybe with AVX it could lessen the CPU load, but...

Return to “u-he”